Total views : 766
A Development of Service Model for Mapping the Ecology of Scientific Research using National Science & Technology Information Service
Recently there is an increasing demand for a service that can analyse national scientific research information. Such service can be used it to help solve problems and make decisions on a national level. With such demand in mind, this study analyses the state of the art of domestic and global knowledge maps as well as the NTIS-provided knowledge map in order to improve former knowledge maps and to propose a service model for developing map of the ecology of scientific research. For this purpose different types of knowledge maps that can be drawn out from the NTIS R&D information were investigated. This paper proposes four types (Map of researchers, map of research achievements, map of research institutes, map of research trends) as a service of map of ecology of scientific research.
Achievements Map, Institutes Map, NTIS Knowledge Map, Researchers Map, Research Trends Map.
- Lee B, Lee JY, Kim D, Noh KN, Yang MS, Kwon O et al. Morphological classification of knowledge map for science and technology and development of knowledge map examples in the view of information analysis. The J Korea Cont Assoc. 2013; 13(11):461-76.
- Yang M, Kang N, Yun-Jeong Kim Y, Choi K, Kim Y. Development of a national R&D knowledge map using the subject-object relation based on ontology. J Korean Soc Inform Manag. 2012; 29(4):123-42.
- Lee W. Development of methods for discovering and indicating emerging technologies through an analysis of science and technology Information. Science and Technology Policy Institute; 2005.
- Yoon M. Strategic planning methodology for national R&D projects of emerging technology. Integrated procedure of TRM and KM. Science and Technology Policy Institute; 2005.
- S&T GPS. Japanese Science Map. 2006. Available from: http://now.go.kr.
- IST world. EUROPEAN RTD MPA. Available from: http://www.ist-world.org.
- Science-Metrix. A Bibliometric Analysis. 2009.
- Yang D. A study on establishment of knowledge map necessary for innovating R&D planning. National Research Foundation of Korea; 2012.
- NTIS. Available from: http://www.ntis.go.kr.
- Yang MS. Analysis of network of partnerships of national R&D researchers. Workshop on Information Management & Network Analysis; 2014.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.