Total views : 5861
A High Speed MOSFET for Switching Application
This work introduces a new super junction MOSFET. High switching speed is an essential parameter in this device. Negative resistance in gas electron between GaAs and AlGaAs is used to design this structure. The new designed device stores much less charges in its channel, because its junction and parasitic capacitance are small. As well, in on-state it has lower resistance relative to the traditional device. Therefore, the amount of RDS × QC which is Figure of Merit (FOM) will decrease, enormously. The designed MOSFET has been applied in a 3–phase inverter and its performance for giving a sinusoidal output has been showed. All the simulations have been done in SILVACO software.
Channel Charge, Inverter, Super Junction MOSFET
- Babaei E, Laali S, Bayat Z. A Single-Phase Cascaded Multilevel Inverter Based on a New Basic Unit With Reduced Number of Power Switches. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 2015 Feb; 62(2):922–9. doi: 10.1109/TIE.2014.2336601.
- Islam MR, Guo Y, Zhu J. A Multilevel Medium-Voltage Inverter for Step-Up-Transformer-Less Grid Connection of Photovoltaic Power Plants. IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics. 2014 May; 4(3):881–9. doi: 10.1109/JPHOTOV.2014.2310295.
- Wu Jinn-Chang, Chou Chia-Wei. A Solar Power Generation System with a Seven-Level Inverter. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2014 Jul; 29(7):3454–62. doi: 10.1109/TPEL.2013.2279880.
- Zhong Qing-Chang, Zeng Y. Control of Inverters via a Virtual Capacitor to Achieve Capacitive Output Impedance. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2014 Oct; 29(10):5568–78. doi: 10.1109/TPEL.2013.2294425.
- Mariethoz S. Systematic Design of High-Performance Hybrid Cascaded Multilevel Inverters with Active Voltage Balance and Minimum Switching Losses. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2013 Jul; 28(7):3100–13. doi: 10.1109/TPEL.2012.2222446.
- Mo W, Loh PC, Blaabjerg F. Asymmetrical -Source Inverters. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 2014 Feb; 61(2):637–47. doi: 10.1109/TIE.2013.2253066.
- Dehghan SM, Seifi E, Mohamadian M, Rajaei AH, Amiri A. Isolated discontinuous energy pump-source inverters. IET Power Electronics. 2014 Apr; 7(4):984–97. doi: 10.1049/iet-pel.2013.0316.
- Alatise O, Adotei N, Mawby P. Super-junction trench MOSFETs for improved energy conversion efficiency. 2011 2nd IEEE PES International Conference and Exhibition on Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT Europe); 2011 5–7 Dec. p. 1–5. doi: 10.1109/ISGTEurope.2011.6162631.
- AN–9005; Driving and Layout Design for Fast Switching Super-Junction MOSFETs. 2013. fairchildsemi.com
- Robutel R, Martin C, Buttay C, Morel H, Mattavelli P, Boroyevich D, Meuret R. Design and Implementation of Integrated Common Mode Capacitors for SiC-JFET Inverters. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2014 Jul; 29(7):3625–36. doi: 10.1109/TPEL.2013.2279772.
- Antoniadis DA, Chung JE. Physics and technology of ultra -short channel MOSFET devices. International Electron Devices Meeting, IEDM ‘91. Technical Digest; 1991 8–11 Dec. p. 21–4. Doi: 10.1109/IEDM.1991.235433.
- AN-5232; New Generation Super-Junction MOSFETs, SuperFET® II and SuperFET® II Easy Drive MOSFETs for High Efficiency and Lower Switching Noise. 2013. Available from: fairchildsemi.com
- Gribnikov ZS. Negative differential conductivity in a multilayer heterostructure. Soviet Phys-Semi Conductor. 1973; 6:1204.
- Hess K, Markoc H, Shichijo H, Streetman BG. Negative differential resistance through real-space electron transfer. Appl Phys Lett. 1979; 35:469.
- Shichijo H, Hess K, Streetman BG. Real space electron transfer by thermionic emission in GaAs –AlxGa1-xAs.
- Heterostructures: Analytical model for large layer widths. Solid state electron. 1980; 23:817.
- Gilisson TH, Hauser JR, Littlejohn MA, Hess K, Streetman BG, Shichijo H. Monte Carlo simulation of real space electron transfer in GaAs-AlGaAs heterostructures. J Appl Phys. 1980; 51:5445.
- Kwok KNG. Complete Guide To Semiconductor Devices. 2nd Edition, McGraw-Hill; 2008.
- Rezvani A, Izadbakhsh M, Gandomkar M, Vafaei S. Implementing GA-ANFIS for Maximum Power Point Tracking in PV System. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(10):51832. doi: 10.17485/ijst/2015/vol: 8, issue:10/51832.
- Bharathi ML. Comparison of Solar Powerd SEPIC, ZETA and ILBC Converters Fed DC Drives. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(7):67042. doi: 10.17485/ijst/2015/vol:8, issue:7/67042.
- Senthil Nayagam V. Power Reliability Improvement of Inverter with Photovoltaic System. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(6):61612. doi: 10.17485/ijst/2015/vol:8, issue:6/61612.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.