Total views : 348
A Fuzzy Logic based DSTATCOM for Diesel Generation System for Load Compensation
The main objective of this paper is to enhance the power quality for grid interfaced Diesel Generation system under some non-linear load conditions using a DSTATCOM. For obtaining effective compensation characteristics the damping controller such as DSTATCOM is designed based on model control theory. In this paper a Fuzzy based DSTATCOM controller is designed and the results are compared with the conventional controllers. This Diesel Generation system is simulated in Matlab/Simulink for both conventional PI and Fuzzy controllers. The fuzzy controller reduces the damping and improves the total harmonic distortions than the PI controller. From the simulation results we can conclude that the Fuzzy based controller can effectively improve the THD than the PI controller and enhances the power quality.
Diesel Generation System, Dstatcom, Fuzzy Controller, Harmonics
- Singh B, Adya A, Mittal AP, Gupta JRP. Performance of DSTATCOM for isolated small alternator feeding non-linear loads. Proc Int Conf Computer Appl Elect Eng Recent Adv; 2005. p. 211–6.
- Jalili S Effatnejad R. Simultaneous coordinated design of power system stabilizer 3 band (PSS3B) and SVC by usinghybrid big bang big crunch algorithm in multi-machine power system. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Feb; 8(S3):62–71.
- Acha E, Agelidis VG, Anaya-Lara O, and Miller TJE, Power electronic control in electrical systems. London, U.K.: Newnes; 2002.
- Kasilingam G, Pasupuleti J. Coordination of PSS and pid controller for power system stability enhancement – overview. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jan; 8(2):142–51.
- Chandra A, Singh B, Singh BN, Al-Haddad K. An improved control algorithm of shunt active filter for voltage regulation, harmonic elimination, power-factor correction, and balancing of nonlinear loads. IEEE Trans Power Electron. 2000 May; 15(3):495–507.
- Marques GD. A comparison of active power filter control methods in unbalanced and non-sinusoidal conditions. Proc IEEE Annu Conf Ind Electron Soc. 1998; 1:444–9.
- Rani Fathima KA, Raghavendiran TA. A novel intelligent unified controller for the management of the Unified Power Flow Controller (UPFC) using a single back propagation feed forward artificial neural network. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Aug; 7(8):1155–69.
- Moran LA, Dixon JW, and Wallace R. A three phase active power filter with fixed switching frequency for reactive power and current harmonics compensation. IEEE Trans. On Industrial Electronics. 1995 Aug; 42:402–8.
- Abhijith V, Antony Richard M, Renjith R, Denis Ashok S, Ashok B. Fuzzy logic based fuel flow control system in a dual-fuel diesel engine. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jan; 8(S2):96–100.
- Pushpavalli P, Birami P, Vasanth K. Performance of fuzzy controlled negative ky boost converter. Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 2014 Aug; 7(8):1049–59.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.