Total views : 881
A Hybrid Approach for Cross-Docking Scheduling
Background/Objectives: Cross-docking is an innovative logistical strategy, which means discharging the cargos from in-bound trucks into the warehouse directly and saved automatically. This article investigates the scheduling of a distribution system consisting of suppliers, cross-docks and the ultimate destinations. The aim of analyzing this problem is presenting a scheduling model so that lateness, earliness and holding costs will be minimized. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Restrictions are applied on the number of arrival and exit doors, departure time, release time, earliness, lateness, and the required space for discharging. Since the offered model is NP-Hard and highly complicated, the hybrid form of firefly and genetic algorithms is applied to solve the model. Results: Tuning the parameters performed and several numerical examples shows the appliance of this model. Comparisons via ANOVA and interval plot show that hybrid form can act better than GA and FF in large sizes. Conclusion/Application: The innovation of this article is thanks to its model type and solution method.
Crossdocking, Hybrid Firefly and Genetic Algorithms, Logistics, Metaheuristic, Scheduling
- Boysen N, Fliedner M. Cross-dock scheduling: Classification, literature review and research agenda. Omega. 2010; 38(6):413–22.
- McWilliams DL, Stanfield PM, Geiger CD. The parcel hub scheduling problem: A simulation-based solution approach. Computers & Industrial Engineering. 2005; 49(3):393–412.
- Yu W, Egbelu PJ. Scheduling of inbound and outbound trucks in cross docking systems with temporary storage. European Journal of Operational Research. 2008; 184(1):377–96.
- Wang JF, Regan A. Real-time trailer scheduling for cross dock operations. Transportation Journal. 2008; 8:5–20.
- Chen F, Lee CY. Minimizing the makespan in a two-machine cross-docking flow shop problem. European Journal of Operational Research. 2009; 193(1):59–72.
- Vahdani B, Zandieh M. Scheduling trucks in cross-docking systems: Robust meta-heuristics. Computers & Industrial Engineering. 2010; 58(1):12–24.
- Forouharfard S, Zandieh M. An imperialist competitive algorithm to schedule of receiving and shipping trucks in cross-docking systems. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 2010; 51(9-12):1179–93.
- Vahdani B, Soltani R, Zandieh M. Scheduling the truck holdover recurrent dock cross-dock problem using robust meta-heuristics. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology.2010; 46(5-8):769–83.
- Soltani R, Sadjadi SJ. Scheduling trucks in cross-docking systems: A robust meta-heuristics approach. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review. 2010; 46(5):650–66.
- Arabani AB, Ghomi SF, Zandieh M. A multi-criteria cross-docking scheduling with just-in-time approach. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 2010; 49(5-8):741–56.
- Arabani AB, Ghomi SF, Zandieh M. Meta-heuristics implementation for scheduling of trucks in a cross-docking system with temporary storage. Expert systems with Applications. 2011; 38(3):1964–79.
- Alpan G, Larbi R, Penz B. A bounded dynamic programming approach to schedule operations in a cross docking platform. Computers & Industrial Engineering. 2011; 60(3):385–96.
- Agustina D, Lee CKM, Piplani R. Cross-docking scheduling with delivery time window and temporary storage. 2011 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management (IEEM); 2011 Dec. p. 131–5.
- Bellanger A, Hanafi S, Wilbaut C. Three-stage hybrid-flowshop model for cross-docking. Computers & Operations Research. 2013; 40(4):1109–21.
- Buijs P, Vis IF, Carlo HJ. Synchronization in cross-docking networks: A research classification and framework. European Journal of Operational Research. 2014; 239(3):593–608.
- Miao Z, Cai S, Xu D. Applying an adaptive tabu search algorithm to optimize truck-dock assignment in the cross-dock management system. Expert Systems with Applications. 2014; 41(1):16–22.
- Eshghi K, Kariminasab M. Combinatorial Optimization & Metaheuristics. Tehran: MehrAzinPress; 2012. p. 125–38.
- Lobo FG, Goldberg DE. Decision making in a hybrid genetic algorithm. IEEE International Conference on Evolutionary Computation. 1997; 8:121–5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.