Total views : 547
A Khattak Approach for Detection and Removal of Black and Gray Hole Attacks in Manet
Mobility of nodes and dynamic changing topology creates security issues in MANETs making it vulnerable to some prominent attacks. Black and gray hole attacks drop the data packets in AODV. In this paper we propose a technique to detect and isolate malicious nodes. A cost effective Hash function to compute Message Digest (MD) is used for secure data transmission and data integrity in AODV. Malicious node is detected with the identification number or hop count. The security analysis of the existing ADOV and modified AODV is discussed. On the basis of analysis, we conclude that the proposed AODV is more secure as it provides cost effective secure mechanism for data transmission.
Black and Gray Hole Attacks, Hash Function, Identification Number, Manets, Message Digest
- Anchugam CV, Thangadurai K. Detection of black hole attacks in mobile ad-hoc networks using ant colony optimization-simulation analysis. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(13):1–10.
- Akhtar MAK, Sahoo G. Behavior based high performance protocol for MANET. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013 Oct; 6(10):5342–50.
- Amiri R, Rafsanjani MK, Khosravi E. Black hole detection by invalid IP addresses in mobile ad hoc networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Apr; 7(4):401–8.
- Khattak H, Nizamuddin N, Khurshid F, Amin N. Preventing black and gray hole attacks in AODV using optimal path routing and hash. Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Networking, Sensing and Control; Paris, France. 2013 Apr. p. 645–8.
- Lu S, Li L, Lam K-Y, Jia L. SAODV: A MANET routing protocol that can withstand black hole attack. Proceeding of the International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Security; Beijing, China. 2009 Dec. p. 421–5.
- Tamilselvan L, Sankaranarayanan V. Prevention of blackhole attack in MANET. Proceeding of the 2nd International Conference on Wireless Broadband and Ultra Wideband Communications (AusWirless); Sydney, Australia. 2007. p. 21–6.
- Khamayseh Y, Bader A, Mardini W, Yasein MB. A new protocol for detecting black hole nodes in adhoc network. International Journal of Communication Networks and Information Security. 2011 Apr; 3(1):36–47.
- Raj PN, Swadas PB. DPRAODV: A dynamic learning system against blackhole attack in AODV based MANET. International Journal of Computer Science Issues. 2009; 1(2):54–9.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.