Total views : 411
A Case Study of Applying Learning Analytics in General Mathematics Class
The researcher hope to extend the cafe management period and aims to draw more active participation through various methods and use more tools of communication with the students to receive continuous feedback not only during exam period but during the semester. As mentioned in the debate, the class will be supplemented to help not only the teacher but also the students, in line with the purpose of learning analytics, and the researcher confirmed that by analyzing the learners’ learning activities and styles using Naver Cafe’s analysis tools, the quality of the individual learning abilities can be enhanced. In the future, this research could be useful as a case study of using learning analytics and hopefully learning analysis tools will be used more widely in education and that this research can be extended into more fields.
Big Data, General Mathematics, Learning Analytics, Mathematics Education
- Alberta B. 1st International Conference on Learning Analyticsand Knowledge; 2011 Feb 27. Available from:https://tekri.athabascau.ca/analytics/
- Beth D, Janet E. Using learning analytics to predict student success. Journal of Interactive Online Learning. 2013;12(1):17–26.
- Lee B-Y, Lim J-T, Yoo J. Utilization of social media analysis usingbig data. The Korea Contents Society. 2013;13(2):211–9.
- Hong E-J. Personalized learning Services based on bigdata. KoreanSociety for Internet Information. 2013; 14(1):77–8.
- Lee H-M, Kang E-S. Investigation into educational use ofanalytics. The Korea Association of Yeolin Education ConferenceCollection of Dissertations. The Korea Associationof Yeolin Education Conference; Seoul. 2013.
- Choi J-Y, Bark C-S. Bigdata and Education. Korea Society ofComputer Information. 2013; 21(1): 9–23.
- McAfee A, Brynjolfsson E. Big data: The management revolution. HarvardBusiness Review. 2012; 90(10):60–8.
- National Information Society Agency. Policy based on BigData for Overcoming Youth Risks. Seoul: National InformationSociety Agency; 2012.
- Siemens G, Long P. Penetrating the fog: Analytics in learning andeducation. Educause Review. 2011; 46(5):30–2.
- West D. Big Data for Education: Data Mining, Data Analyticsand Web Dashboards. Brookings InstitutionReport. 2012 Sep.
- Kwon Y-O. Studies using the customized education services enablebig data plan. Journal of Intelligence and InformationSystem. 2013; 19(2):87–100.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.