Total views : 477
A Design of Augmented Reality System based on Real-World Illumination Environment for Edutainment
Recently, edutainment system using augmented reality and transparent displays were researched. However, in the case of edutainment system using augmented reality due to the incongruity of environment light conditions, the virtual objects can’t fit to real world environment with natural-looking. In this paper, we designed a tangible edutainment system for synthesizing a render layer which contains real world background illumination information in order to solve virtual object’s low natural-looking problem.
Augmented Reality, Edutainment System, Illumination Environment, Natural Feature
- Cloughm G, Jones AC, McAndrew P, Scanlon E. Informal learning with PDAs and smartphones. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning. 2010; 24(5):359–71.
- Kim DH, Kim SS. Design of smart learning system based on AR-APM. International Joumal of Multimedia and Ubiquitous Engineering. 2014; 9(6):119–26.
- Azuma RT. A survey of augmented reality. Teleoperators and Virtual Environments. 1997; 6(4):355–85.
- Zhanpeng H, Pan H. Mobile augmented reality survey: A bottom-up approach. Cornell University Library. 2013.
- Zhanpeng H, Wei Kai L, Pan H, Christoph P. CloudRidAR: A cloud-based architecture for mobile augmented reality. Proceeding of MARS’14 ACM; 2014. p. 29–34.
- Rolland J, Biocca F, Yanggang H, Martins R. Development of head-mounted projection displays for distributed. Collaborative augmented reality applications. Teleoperators and Virtual Environments. 2005; 14(5):528–49.
- Mann S. Through the glass, lightly. IEEE Technology and Society. 2012; 31(3):10–4.
- Wikipedia. Feature Detection. Available from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feature_detection_(computer_vision)
- Huang T, Yang G, Tang G. A fast two-dimensional median filtering algorithm. IEEE Trans Acoust, Speech, Signal Processing. 1979; 27(1):13–8.
- Harris C, Stephens M. A combined corner and edge detector. Alvey Vision Conference; 1988. p. 147–51.
- Richard S. Computer Vision: Algorithms and Applications. 2010.
- Criminisi A. Region filling and object removal by exemplar-based image inpainting. IEEE Transctions on Image Processing. 2004; 13(9):1200–12.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.