Total views : 738
A Knowledge Sharing Model for Iranian Educational and Research Organizations
Background/Objectives: The purpose of this study was examining the knowledge sharing model for Iranian educational and research organizations. Knowledge sharing is an essential process for the implementation of knowledge management. Methods/Statistical Analysis: This was a descriptive survey research. The knowledge sharing literature was reviewed, and 19 factors effective on the knowledge sharing performance were identified. The experts were consulted, and the factors were categorized into four categories of individual, institutional, cultural, and IT factors. To determine the effective factors, a questionnaire was then complied and distributed among 20 knowledge management experts who had experience in educational and research institutions. The statistical analysis confirmed that all four categories had an effect on knowledge sharing. Results: The results of this study showed that the opinions of experts and experienced persons were employed in knowledge management. This sharing of knowledge was conducted wide to assess the readiness of educational and research and its results in order to plan projects and sharing of knowledge in the hands of authorities. Conclusion/ Application: These findings can be considered as an initial framework for the assessment of appropriate educational and research organizations.
Educational Organizations, Iran, Knowledge Management, Knowledge Sharing Model, Research Organizations
- Mamaghani ND, Samizadeh R. Evaluating the readiness of Iranian Research Centers in knowledge management.American Journal of Economics and Business Administration.2011; 3(1):203–12.
- Wah CY, Menkhoff T, Loh B, Evers HD. Social capital and knowledge sharing in knowledge-based organizations: An empirical study. International Journal of Knowledge Management.2007; 3(1):29–48.
- Yang J. The impact of knowledge sharing on organizational learning and effectiveness. Journal of Knowledge Management.2007; 11(2):83–90.
- Bjorn KL. Management, Information System: Managing Digital firm, twelfth ed. Upper Saddle River, USA: Prentice Hall; 2012.
- Ihksan SRF. Benchmarking Knowledge Management in a Public Oganisation in Malaysia. Benchmarking, Bradford.2004; 11(3):238–66.
- Alawi AAI, Marzooqi ANY, Mohammed FY. Organizational culture and knowledge sharing: Critical success factors. Journal of Knowledge Management. 2007; 11(2):22–42.
- Pasher E. The complete guide to knowledge management. A strategic plan to leverage your company’s intellectual capital. Material; 2011.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.