Total views : 518
A Biometric Identification System based on the Fusion of Palm print and Speech Signal
Mobile Adhoc Network is an autonomous network formed by creating nodes and establishing wireless connections dynamically, so that messages in packets can be sent from a sender to receiver. The unique architecture of MANET offers several advantages and security challenges as passive and active attacks on the network. We discuss elaborately about the security attacks and two more popular security techniques, Intrusion Detection System (IDS) and Watchdog and Path rater (WPR). The two techniques are evaluated using two measures, viz., Availability Factor (AF) and Integrity Factor (IF). We present our results and our insights on suitability of a particular technique to a specific networking application. Our research is on-going and we indicate the extension possibilities that we are working upon.
Availability and Integrity, Decentralized Management, Dynamic Routing, Intrusion Detection, Malicious Node, Prevention
- Sun J-Z. Mobile ad hoc networking: An essential technology for pervasive computing. Proceedings of International Conferences on info-tech and Info-net. 2001. p. 316–21.
- Kaliyamurthie KP, Parameswari D, Udayakumar R. QOS aware privacy preserving location monitoring in wirelesssensor network. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013; 6(S5): 4648–52. ISSN: 0974-6846.
- de Morais Cordeiro C, Agrawal D. Mobile ad hoc networking. Center for Distributed and Mobile Computing, ECECS, University of Cincinnati, 2002.
- Sharmila D, Muthusamy P. Removal of heavy metal from industrial effluent using bio adsorbents (Camellia sinensis). Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research. 2013; 5(2):10–3. ISSN: 0975–7384.
- Yu S, Zhang Y, Song C, Chen K. A security architecture for mobile ad hoc networks. 18th Asia-Pacific Advanced Network Meeting, Cairns, 2004.
- Karlsson J. Rotuing security in mobile ad-hoc (manet) networks. International Research Seminar on Network Security and Next Generation Networks, Arcada University of Applied Sciences. 2009 Sep.
- Udayakumar R, Khanaa V, Saravanan T, Saritha G. Retinal image analysis using curvelet transform and multistructure elements morphology by reconstruction. Middle - East Journal of Scientific Research. 2013; 16(12):1781–5. ISSN: 1990-9233.
- Irshad A, Noshairwan W, Shafiq M, Khurram S, Irshad E, Usman M. Security enhancement in manet authentication by checking the crl status of servers. International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology. 2007; 91–98.
- Jhaveri RH, Patel AD, Parmar JD, Shah BI. Manet
- routing protocols and wormhole attack against aodv. IJCSNS International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security. 2010 Apr; 10(4):12–8.
- Kalaiselvi VS, Prabhu K, Ramesh M, Venkatesan V. The association of serum osteocalcin with the bone mineral density in post menopausal women. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2013; 7(5): 814–6. ISSN:
- – 709X.
- Yang H, Luo H, Ye F, Lu S, Zhang L. Security in mobile ad-hoc networks: Challenges and solutions. IEEE Wireless Communications. 2004; 11(1):38–47.
- Jayalakshmi T, Krishnamoorthy P, Kumar GR, Sivamani P. The microbiological quality of fruit containing soft drinks from Chennai. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research. 2011; 3(6):626–30. ISSN: 0975–7384.
- Available from: http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.