Total views : 365
A Message Efficient Group Membership Protocol in Mobile Ad Hoc Distributed Systems
In distributed systems, a group of computer should continue to do cooperation in order to finish some jobs. In such a system, a group membership protocol is especially practical and important elements to provide processes in a group with a consistent common knowledge of the membership of the group. Whenever a membership change occurs, processes should agree on which of them should do to accomplish an unfinished job or begins a new job. The problem of knowing a stable membership view is very same with the one of agreeing common predicate in a distributed system such as the consensus problem. Based on the stopping investigating protocol that is traditional one in asynchronous distributed systems, we present the new group membership protocol in mobile wireless networks.
Fault Tolerance, Group membership, Mobile Ad Hoc Environment, Synchronous Distributed Systems
- Amir Y, Moser E, Melliar-Smith P, Agarwal D, Ciarfella P. The totem single-ring ordering and membership protocol.ACM Trans. Computer Systems. 1995; 13(4): 311–42.
- Anceaume E, Charron-Bost B, Minet P, Toueg S. On the formal specification of group membership services. Technical Report Computer Science Dept. Cornell Univ. 1995; 95(3):1534–59.
- Anker T, Chockler G, Dolev D, and Keidar I. Scalable group membership services for novel applications. Proceedings of Workshop on Networks in Distributed Computing (DIMACS 45); 1998 Aug 21-23. p. 23–42.
- Keidar I, Sussman J, Marzullo K, Dolev D. A client server oriented protocol for virtually synchronous group membership in WANs. Proceedings of 20th Int’l Conf. Distributed Computing Systems. 2000 Apr 15-17; 3(1):234–44.
- Brunekreef J, Katoen J, Koymans R, Mauw S. Design and analysis of dynamic leader group membership protocols in broadcast networks. Distributed Computing. 1996;9(4):157–71.
- Bottazi D, Montanari R, Rossi G. A self-organizing group management middleware for mobile ad-hoc networks.Computer Communications. 2008; 31(13):3040-304.
- David P. Special section on group communication. Communications of the ACM. 1996; 39(4):50–97.
- Pradhan D, Krishna P, Vaidya N. Recoverable mobile environments: design and tradeoff analysis. Proceedings ofAnnual Symposium on Fault Tolerant Computing; 1996 Oct 12-15. p. 16–25.
- Briesemeister L, Hommel G. Localized group membership service for ad hoc networks. Proceedings of International Conference on IEEE Parallel Processing Workshops; 2002 Mar 05-18. p. 94–100.
- Hatzis K, Pentaris G, Spirakis P, Tampakas V, Tan R. Fundamental control protocols in mobile networks. Proceedings of 11th ACM SPAA; 1999 Oct 19-21. p. 251–60.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.