Total views : 247
Design and Fabrication of 430MHz Unequal Amplitude Hybrid Coupler for T-Radar Beam Forming Unit
Background/Objectives: This letter describes the design simulation and fabrication the design, simulation and fabrication of an P-band frequency band unequal amplitude 90° hybrid coupler. This hybrid coupler is used to design a feeder network with 4 output ports for T-Radar Wind Profiler Operating at 430MHz is achieved with a frequency bandwidth exceeding 50MHz. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The hybrid coupler is designed with the help of conventional microstrip technology. Measured and simulation results has been provided for the components (Equal amplitude hybrid couplers, Unequal amplitude hybrid coupler) used to implement the feeder network. The microstrip hybrid coupler with unequal amplitudes with 90° phase difference is achieved with varying impedances of the one of the arms in a hybrid coupler. Findings: The proposed coupler is easily fabricated on the glass epoxy PCB without any lumped element. There is a good agreement between measured, simulated and theoretical prediction validated the feasible configuration of the proposed coupler and amplitude weights are designed based on array synthesis so called Taylors 1-parameter method for side lobe level -17 dB down from the main beam. A full wave EM simulator zeland IE3D V12.02 and Ansoft designer is used for designing hybrid coupler. Applications/ Improvements: The fabricated coupler is best suited for shared aperture antenna beam forming network and Feeder network using hybrid coupler for 430 MHz Radar applications. To demonstrate our design theory, a practical unequal power hybrid coupler is designed, simulated and fabricated. The measured results shows that the Return losses are larger than 25dB. The power couplings S21 and S31 is -4.38 dB and -3.17 dB and the output phase difference is 88.3180 at the operating frequency.
Coupling and Returnloss, IE3D, Troposphere, Unequal Hybrid Coupler.
- Woodman RF, Guillén A. Radar observations of winds and turbulence in the stratosphere and mesosophere. Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences. 1974; 31(2):493–505.
- Imai K, Nakagawa T, Hashiguchi H. Development of tropospheric wind profiler radar with luneberg lens antenna (WPR LQ-7). SEI Technical Review; 2007.
- McLaughlin SA, Weber BL, Merrit DA, Zimmerman GA,Wise ML, Pratte F. New stratosphere-troposphere radar wind profiler for national networks and research. 1–7.
- Prasad KD. Antenna and wave propogation. Wiley; 2007.
- Mangenot C, Lorenzo J. Dual band dual polarized radiating subarray for synthetic aperture radar. IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium; Orlando, FL, USA. 1999. p. 1640–3.
- Zhong S, Sun Z, Tang X. Progress in dual-band dual-polarization shared-aperture SAR antennas. Frontiers of Electrical and Electronic Engineering in China. 2009; 4(3):323–9.
- Pozar DM. Microwave engineering. New York: Wiley; 2000.
- Abdallah AS. Printed circuit switched-beam smart antenna system using 4x4 butler matrix beam forming network at the band (11.25-12.85) GHz. International Journal of Advancements in Computing Technology. 2009; 1(1):70–3.
- Reed J, Wheeler G. A method of analysis of symmetrical four-port networks. IRE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques. 1956; 4(4):246–52.
- Srinivasulu P, Yasodha P, Jayaraman A, Reddy SN, Satyanarayana S. Simplified active array L-band radar for atmospheric wind profiling: Initial results. Journal of Atmos Oceanic Technology. 2011; 28:1436–47.
- Hansen RC. Phased array antennas. New York: Wiley; 1998.
- Balanis CA. Antenna theory analysis and design. 4th ed. New Jersey: John Wiley and Sons; 2016.
- Sarva , Sridevi PV. A novel triple band planar microstrip patch antenna with defected ground structure. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(3). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i3/84674.
- Mezaal YS. New compact microstrip patch antennas: Design and simulation results. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(12). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i12/85950.
- Pandhare RA, Zade PL, Abegaonkar MP. Harmonic control by defected ground structure on microstrip antenna array. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(35). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i35/79640.
- Cobo L, Castro H, Quintero A. A location routing protocol based on smart antennas for wireless sensor networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jun; 8(11). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i11/71788.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.