Total views : 319
A Case Study on Health Issues Caused by Mobile Phone Usage and Awareness of SAR Value in Mobile Phones
In this fast growing world mobile phones has become one of important device in every ones life. It’s been used by all age group people for different application apart from calling and texting. The advance in mobile technology has brought many new applications using mobile. But still one question arises in mind that people really aware of Safety standard especially SAR value. What is SAR value means? It’s the specific absorption ratio measure of amount of radio frequency intensity or energy absorbed by body when using mobile phones. It is defined as the power absorbed per mass of issue and has units of watts per kilogram (W/kg). In this case study I have tried to brief some of the major hazards caused due to more use of mobile phone and also included the base line for getting a mobile phone by comparing with some top
- Sivani S, Sudarsanam D. Impacts of Radio-Frequency Electromagnetic Field (RF-EMF) from cell phone tow¬ers and wireless devices on biosystem and ecosystem- A review. Biology and Medicine. 2012; 4(4):202–16.
- SAR information Microsoft. Available from: http://www. microsoft.com/en/mobile/aboutus/peopleandplanet/emf-health/sar/sarinformation/
- SAR information Samsung. Available from: http://sarval¬ues.com/samsung/
- Kumar SS, Rao MRK, Balasubramanian MP. Anticarcinogenic effects of indigofera aspalathoides on 20-methylcholanthrene induced fibrosarcoma in rats. Research Journal of Medicinal Plant. 2011; 5(6):747–55.
- Available from: https://www.fcc.gov/guides/specificabsorp¬tionratesarcellphoneswhatitmeansyou
- Sharmila S, Rebecca LJ, Saduzzaman M. Biodegradation of domestic effluent using different solvent extracts of Murraya koenigii. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research. 2013; 5(2):279–82. ISSN: 0975-7384.
- DoT, Report of the Inter-Ministerial Committee (IMC) on EMF radiation. Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, Government of India; 2010. Available from: http://www.dot.gov.in/miscellaneous/ IMC%20Report/IMC%20Report.pdf
- Devamalar PMB, Thulasi Bai V, Srivatsa SK. Design and architecture of real time web-centric tele health diabetes diagnosis expert system. International Journal of Medical Engineering and Informatics. 2009; 1(3):307–17. ISSN: 1755-0661.
- Niranjan U. Subramanyam RBV, Khanaa V. Developing a web recommendation system based on closed sequential patterns. Communications in Computer and Information Science. 2010; 101:171–9. ISSN: 1865-0929.
- Leszczynski D, Joenvaara S, Reivinen J, Kuokka R. Non-thermal activation of the hsp27/p38MAPK stress pathway by mobile phone radiation in human endothelial cells: Molecular mechanism for cancer and blood-brain barrier– related effects. Differentiation. 2002; 70:120–9.
- Das S, Das MP, Das J. Fabrication of porous chitosan/sil¬ver nanocomposite film and its bactericidal efficacy against Multi-Drug Resistant (MDR) clinical isolates. Journal of Pharmacy Research. 2013; 6(1):11–5. ISSN: 0974-6943.
- Lai H, Singh NP. Melatonin and a spin-trap compound block radio-frequency electromagnetic radiation-induced DNA strand breaks in rat brain cells. Bioelectromagnetics. 1997; 18:446–54.
- Anbuselvi S, Rebecca LJ, Sathish Kumar M, Senthilvelan T. GC-MS study of phytochemicals in black gram using two different organic manures. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research. 2012; 4(2):1246–50. ISSN: 0975- 7384.
- Kimio T, Natarajan G, Hideki A, Taichi K, Nanao K. Higher involvement of subtelomere regions for chromo¬some rearrangements in leukemia and lymphoma and in
- irradiated leukemic cell line. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2012 Apr; 5(1):1801–11.
- Cunningham CH. A laboratory guide in virology. 6th ed. Minnesota: Burgess Publication Company; 1973.
- Sathishkumar E, Varatharajan M. Microbiology of Indian desert. Ecology and Vegetation of Indian desert. In: Sen DN, editor. India: Agro Botanical Publ; 1990. p. 83-105.
- Varatharajan M, Rao BS, Anjaria KB, Unny VKP, Thyagarajan S. Radiotoxicity of sulfur-35. Proceedings of 10th NSRP; India. 1993. p. 257–8.
- 2015 Jan 01. Available from: http://www.indjst.org/index. php/vision
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.