Total views : 431
A Cross Layer Distributed Topology Control Algorithm for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
Objectives: Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks (MANETs) have several constraints because of its changing nature. So the routing and topology control algorithms for MANETs should be designed in such a way that on any instance the network should ensure minimum interference among the nodes. Hence there is always a need for Quality of Service (QoS). This is contradictory to the objective of minimizing interference. Analysis of Methods: The existing topology control algorithms have taken only the interference as the deciding factor. But the implementation of those works have failed to justify that interference caused delay and thereby the QoS. Several security related issues are there in MANETs. The commonly used security strategy for MANET is Certificate management. In Voting based revocation systems, time consumption and communication overheads are high. In non-Voting based revocation systems, security is at risk. Findings: So in the proposed work, the delay-constrained topology control problem is taken with delay and security as performance metrics. The delay caused due to transmission, contention and queuing delay are taken into account in the proposed algorithm. How the mobility of a node plays a major role in MANET is investigated and the unstable links along with malicious nodes are removed from the topology. Improvement: The results obtained from this proposed cross-layer distributed algorithm for MANETs, where delay plays a crucial role are compared with the existing protocols and has proven to be more advantageous.
Cross Layer Protocols, Delay, MANETs, Routing, Security and Topology Control
- Conti M, Giordano S. Mobile ad hoc networking: Milestones, challenges and new research directions. IEEE Communications Magazine. 2014 Jan; 52(1):85-96. doi: 10.1109/MCOM.2014.6710069
- Gopinath S, Nagarajan N. An optimized multicast backbone routing for increasing residual energy in MANET. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(13). doi no:10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i13/52303
- Karthiga M, Justin Samuel S. Emergency spybot to detect and to help human in disaster. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2014; 9(14):2487–94.
- Liu W, Nishiyama H, Ansari N, Yang J, Kato N. Cluster-based certificate revocation with vindication capability for mobile ad hoc networks. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems. 2013 Feb; 24(2):239–49.
- Yuhua L, et al. Multi-layer clustering routing algorithm for wireless vehicular sensor networks. IET Communications. 2010; 4(7):810–6.
- Rathna R, Sivasubramanian A. Improving energy efficiency in wireless sensor networks through scheduling and routing. IJASSN. 2012; 2(1):21–7.
- Larsen S, Lee B, Yoon J-H, Yun J-Y. Direct device-to-device transfer protocol: A new look at the benefits of a decentralized I/O model. IEEE International Conference on Networking, Architecture and Storage (NAS); 6-7 Aug 2015. p. 275–84.
- Wang N, Zhu H. An energy efficient algrithm based on LEACH protocol. International Conference on Computer Science and Electronics Engineering (ICCSEE); 23-25 Mar 2012. p. 339–42.
- Liu Y, Gao J, Jia Y, Zhu L. A cluster maintenance algorithm based on LEACH-DCHS protoclol. International Conference on Networking, Architecture and Storage (NAS’08); 2008 Jun 12-14. p. 165–6.
- Song L, Hatzinakos D. A cross-layer architecture of wireless sensor networks for target tracking. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking. 2007; 15(1):145–58.
- Karimi M, Pan D. Challenges for Quality of Service (QoS) in Mobile Ad-hoc Networks (MANETs). IEEE 10th Annual Conference on Wireless and Microwave Technology (WAMICON ‘09); 2009 Apr 20-21. p.1–5.
- Sergiou C, Vassiliou V. HRTC: A hybrid algorithm for efficient congestion control in wireless sensor networks. 6th IEEE International Conference on New Technologies, Mobility and Security (NTMS); Dubai. 2014. p. 1–5.
- Shakshuki EM, Nan Kang, Sheltami TR. EAACK- A secure intrusion-detection system for MANETs. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 2013 Mar; 60(3):1089-98.
- Varshney T, Sharma T, Sharma P. Implementation of watchdog protocol with AODV in mobile ad hoc network. 4th International Conference on Communication Systems and Network Technologies (CSNT); 7-9 April 2014. p. 217–21.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.