Total views : 596
A Hybrid Novel Perspective of Secure Routing in Wireless Sensor Networks
Background/Objectives: Mobile sensor nodes are the key prerequisite for many ecological and non-attended applications of Wireless Sensor Networks. The key objective of this work is to extend the security of roaming nodes to attain the secure routing in WSN. Methods/Statistical analysis: Mobility of sensor nodes upsurges security disputes in WSNs and correspondingly it issusceptible to several types ofattacks. We have incorporated the prominentkey distribution tactics like key pre-distribution, hierarchical key management schemes, pair-wise key agreement and group key based key agreement in proposed secure framework. Findings: Active wireless sensor network have two utmost issues namely the authentication of mobile nodes and security in communication by means of key distribution. Till the time, many WSN’s security practitioners and researchers deliberated about security in WSN in the static environment. Although the schemes available in the literature are secure and effective, they are not adequate for secure roaming WSN’s scenario. In this article, we have recommended a hybrid novel perspective of secure routing in WSN. The proposed scheme has been exceedingly effective under dynamic environment and accomplishes significant improvement than existing system in terms of packet delivery ratio, and normalized routing overhead by achieving efficient energy usage. Applications/Improvements: We use this novel standard for evaluating the performance of existing traditional secure routing tactics and the proposed secure routing mechanism in static as well as dynamic scenario for several number of wireless sensor nodes. The results deliberated in the last section of this article depicts that the proposed framework for secure routing in WSN is adequatelyappropriate and precise for dynamic WSN applications.
Authentication, Key Distribution, Message Authentication Code, Secure Routing, Wireless Sensor Network
- Alagheband MR, Aref M. Dynamic and secure key management model for hierarchical heterogeneous sensor networks. IET Information Security.2012;6(4):271–80.
- Rantos K, Papanikolaou A, Fysarakis K, Manifavas C. Secure policy-based management solutions in heterogeneous embedded systems networks. 2012 International Conference on Telecommunications and Multimedia (TEMU);Chania;2012.p.227–32.
- Subramanian G,Amutha R. Efficient and secure routing protocol for wireless sensor networks using mine detection. An extension of triple umpiring system for WSN. 2012 8th International Conference on Computing Technology and Information Management (ICCM);Seoul;2012.p.141–45.
- Dener M. Security analysis in wireless sensor networks. International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks. 2014;2014.
- Krishnakumar SS, Abler RT. Intelligent actor mobility in wireless sensor and actor networks. Proceedings of IFIP International Federation for Information Processing, Wireless Sensor and Actor Networks. Orozco-Barbosa L, Olivares T, Casado R, Bermudez A, editors; Springer: Boston, MA, USA; 2007. p. 13–22.
- Das S,Liu H, Kamath A,Nayak A,Stojmenovic I. Localized movement control for fault tolerance of mobile robot networks. Wireless Sensor and Actor Networks, Orozco-Barbosa L, Olivares T, Casado R, Bermudez A, editors; Springer: Boston, MA, USA; 2007. p. 1–12.
- Edake GM, PathakGR,Patil SH. Secure localization and location verification in wireless sensor networks. Proceeding of IEEE 2014 Fourth International Conference on Communication Systems and Network Technologies;Bhopal; 2014.p. 673–76.
- Han K, Kim K, Shon T. Untraceable mobile node authentication in WSN. Sensors. 2010; 10(5):4410–29.
- SangeethaK, RavikumarK. A novel traffic dividing and scheduling mechanism for enhancing security and performance in the tor network.Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2015 Apr; 8(7):689–94.doi: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i7/62882.
- Pathak GR, Patil SH, Rana AD, Suralkar YN. Mathematical model for routing protocol performance in NS2: Comparing DSR, AODV and DSDV as example. 2014 IEEE Global Conference on Wireless Computing and Networking (GCWCN);Lonavala; 2014. p.184–88.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.