Total views : 514
A Brief Survey on Performance Analysis and Routing Strategies on Vanets
Background/Objectives: To analyze the performance and find the challenges of routing in VANET. Findings: VANET protocols should be designed in such a way that a link should be established between the nodules in a nexus for efficient communication. Routing protocols are developed usually based on the two types of communication (i.e.) Vehicle to Vehicle (V2V) communication and Vehicle to Infrastructures (V2I) irrespective of their environment. This paper gives a survey of about the various routing protocols in VANETs, their main characteristics and their pros and cons which help for the further enrichment of the same. Applications/Improvements: The results observed from this work will motivate to improve the issues in VANET and to enhance the routing protocols.
Greedy Forwarding, Issues in VANET, Routing Protocols, VANET
- Sharef BT, Alsaqour RA, Ismail M. Vehicular communication ad hoc routing protocols: A survey. Journal of Network and Computer Applications. 2014; 40(12):363–96.
- Bilal SM, Bernardos CJ, Guerrerro C. Position Based Routing in Vehicular networks: A Survey. A Journal of Nexus and Computer Applications. 2012; 36(2):685–97.
- Shinjde SS, Patil SP. Various Issues in Vehicular Adhoc Plexus. International Journal of Computer Science and Communication. 2010; 1(2):399–403.
- Paul B, Ibrahim M, Abu Naser Bikas M. VANET Routing Protocols: Pros and Cons. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2011; 20(3):876–74.
- Fonseca A, Vazao T. Applicability of Position Based Routing for VANET in Highways and Urban Environment. Journal of Network and Computer Applications. 2013; 36(3):961–73.
- Watfa M. UAE Advances in Vehicular Adhoc networks: Development and Challenges, Information Science Reference: New York. 2012.
- Gillani S, Khan I, Qureshi S, Qayyum A. Vehicular Adhoc Network (VANET). Journal of Enabling Secure and Efficient Transporation System. 2009; 8(6):1–8.
- Boukerche A, Oliveira HABF, Nakamura EF, Loureiro AAF. Vehicular Adhoc Networks: A new Challenge for Localization Based Systems. Journal of Computer Communications. 2008; 31(12):2939–49.
- Zeadally S, Hunt R, Chen Y-S, Irwin A, Hassan A. Vehicular Ad hoc networks (VANETs): status, result and challenges. Journal of Telecommunication Systems. 2012; 50(4):217–41.
- Lochert C, Hartenstein H, Tian J, Fubler H, Hermann D, Mauve M. A Routing Strategy for Vehicular Adhoc networks in City Environments. Proceedings of Intelligent Vehicles Symposium. 2003; 156–61.
- Maharajan AN, Saproo D, Khedikar R. Comparison of VANEt Routing Protocols using IEEE 802.11p and WAVE. International Journal on Engineering Research and Applications. 2013; 3(4):56–78.
- Cho KH, Ryu M-W. A Survey of greedy routing protocols for vehicular Adhoc Plexus. Smart Computing Review. 2012; 4:125–37.
- Qureshi KN, Abdullah AH. Topology based routing protocols for VANET and their comparison with MANET. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology. 2013; 58(3):707–15.
- Boba MS, Nor SM, Nagar SA. A survey of Unicast Routing Protocols based Greedy Forwarding Strategies for Vehicular Adhoc Plexus in Urban Scenario. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology. 2014; 62(1):174–82.
- Priya S, Mubashira Anjum A. Analysis of water trees and characterization techniques in XLPE cables. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Nov; 7(S7). Doi: 10.17485/ijst/2014/v7iS7/60769.
- Selvakumar V, Manoharan N. Thermal Properties of Polypropylene/ Montmorillonite Nanocomposites. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Nov; 7(S7). Doi: 10.17485/ijst/2014/v7iS7/60775.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.