Total views : 284
Secure File Sharing Mechanism and Key Management for Mobile Cloud Computing Environment
Objectives: The use of the mobile devices in cloud computing environment is susceptible to various kinds of attacks like, unauthorized access, account/service hijacking, data breach and malicious insider. These vulnerabilities make the cloud environment unsafe to share and store data for mobile users. Methods/Analysis: In this paper, we propose a secure file storing and retrieving mechanism to avoid the limitations in existing systems like, file encryption, access rights and key management. Asymmetric key cryptography is utilized to protect the data and retrieval of the data with minimal access rights. Findings: Privacy of the mobile users are protected from the malicious insiders along with the preservation of confidentiality and integrity of the files being accessed. The comparative analysis of different public key infrastructure algorithms utilizing the proposed methodology for key computation, encryption, decryption and resource utilization shows the performance of each algorithm for different file sizes. Application/Improvement: The proposed system provides user access management, key management, encryption and decryption of files through trusted third party to make the data secured in mobile cloud environment.
Access Control, Asymmetric Key Cryptography, Cloud Computing, Confidentiality, Data Security, Integrity.
- Khan AN, Mat Kiah ML, Khan SU, Madani SA. Towards secure mobile cloud computing: A survey. Futur Gener Comput Syst. 2013; 29(5):1278–99.
- Kumar R, Rajalakshmi S. Mobile cloud computing: Standard approach to protecting and securing of mobile cloud ecosystems. Proceedings of International Conference on Computer Sciences and Applications; 2013. p. 663–9.
- Uddin M, Memon J, Alsaqour R, Shah A, Rozan MZA. Mobile agent based multi-layer security framework for cloud data centers. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2015 Jun; 8(12):171–8.
- Rajathi A, Saravanan N. A survey on secure storage in cloud computing. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013 Apr; 6(4):1–6.
- Lee JY. A study on the use of secure data in cloud storage for collaboration. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2015 Mar; 8(S5):33–6.
- Grobauer B, Walloschek T, Stocker E. Understanding cloud computing vulnerabilities. IEEE Secur Priv. 2011; 9(2):50– 7.
- Cisco Visual Networking Index. Available from: http:// www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/service-provider/ visual-networking-index-vni/mobile-white-paperc11-520862.pdf
- Sanaei Z, Abolfazli S, Gani A, Shiraz M. SAMI: Servicebased arbitrated multi-tier infrastructure for mobile cloud computing. Proceedings of 1st IEEE International Conference on Communications in China Workshops; 2012. p. 14–9.
- Kalpana V, Meena V. Study on data storage correctness methods in mobile cloud computing. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Mar; 8(6):495–500.
- Mishra A, Jain R, Durresi A. Cloud computing: Networking and communication challenges. IEEE Communications Magazine. 2012; 50(9):24–5.
- Fernando N, Loke SW, Rahayu W. Mobile cloud computing: A survey. Future Generator Computer System. 2013; 29(1):84–106.
- Dinh HT, Lee C, Niyato D, Wang P. A survey of mobile cloud computing: architecture, applications, and approaches. Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing. 2011; 13(8):1587–611.
- Tsai JL, Lo NW. A Privacy-Aware Authentication Scheme for Distributed Mobile Cloud Computing Services. IEEE System Journal. 2015 May; 9(3):805–15.
- Neela TJ, Saravanan N. Privacy preserving approaches in cloud: A survey. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013 May; 6(5):1–5.
- Sen J. Security and privacy issues in cloud computing. Architecture Protocol Security Information Technology. 2013; (4):1–42.
- Xiao Z, Xiao Y. Security and privacy in cloud computing. IEEE Communication Survey Tutorials. 2013; 15(2):843– 59.
- Nagaraju S, Parthiban L. Sec Authn: Provably secure multi-factor authentication for the cloud computing systems.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(9):1–18.
- Jasmine R, Nishibha GM. Public cloud secure group sharing and accessing in cloud computing. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(15):1–7.
- Manjusha R, Ramachandran R. Secure authentication and access system for cloud computing auditing services using associated digital certificate. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Apr; 8(S7):220–7.
- Sun H, Wen Q, Zhang H, Jin Z. A novel remote user authentication and key agreement scheme for mobile client-server environment. Application Mathematical Information Science.2013; 7(4):1365–74.
- Xie Y, Wen H, Wu B, Jiang Y, Meng J. A modified hierarchical attribute-based encryption access control method for mobile cloud computing. IEEE Trans Cloud Computing. 2015; (99):1–1.
- Yang X, Huang X, Liu JK. Efficient handover authentication with user anonymity and untraceability for Mobile Cloud Computing. Future Generation Computer Systems. 2015 Sep; 62:190–5.
- Armando A, Carbone R, Compagna L, Cuellar J, Pellegrino G, Sorniotti A. An authentication flaw in browser-based single sign-on protocols: Impact and remediations. Computer Security. 2013; 33:41–58.
- Zhang Y, Chen Q, Zhong S. Privacy-preserving data aggregation in mobile phone sensing. IEEE Transaction on Information Forensics Security. 2016; 11(5):980–92.
- Suo H, Liu Z, Wan J, Zhou K. Security and privacy in mobile cloud computing. Proceedings of 9th International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC); Sardinia. 2013. p. 655–9.
- Rajarajeswari S, Somasundaram K. Data confidentiality and privacy in cloud computing. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(4):1–8.
- Sugumar R, Imam SBS. Symmetric encryption algorithm to secure outsourced data in public cloud storage. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(23):1–5.
- Saikeerthana R, Umamakeswari A. Secure data storage and data retrieval in cloud storage using cipher policy attribute based encryption. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 May; 8(S9):318–25.
- Paillier P. Public-key cryptosystems based on composite degree residuosity classes. Proceedings of Advances in Cryptology (Eurocrypt ‘99); Prague, Czech Republic. 1999. p. 223–38.
- Dawahdeh ZE, Yaakob SN, Sagheer AM. Modified ElGamal elliptic curve cryptosystem using hexadecimal representation.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(15):1–8.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.