Total views : 273
A Mobile Product Image Searching System Integrating Speeded Up Robust Features and Local Binary Pattern
In this paper, we present a novel method image retrieval model for mobile product image searching system. For feature extraction, a method integrating Speeded Up Robust Features (SURF) and Local Binary Pattern (LBP) is proposed. SURF is invariant to rotation, scaling, translation and have low calculated cost, so SURF is quite suitable for mobile product image search model. However, SURF is not effective with the noisy images, blur images, illuminated images. Because LBP operator is invariant to changes in illumination and contrast of images, we use LBP to supplement for disadvantages of the SURF features. Our proposed method can improve accuracy and speed of the system. For query, a query model using K-NN Search with vector quantization is used. This model improve performance and reduce the cost of computation of the mobile product image searching system. The experimental results show the feasibility of our proposal model.
Content-based Image Retrieval (CBIR), Feature Integration, K-Nearest Neighbor (K-NN), Local Binary Pattern (LBP), Mobile Product Image Search, Speeded Up Robust Features (SURF).
- Pujari J, Hiremath PS. Content based image retrieval using color, texture and shape features. Proceedings of the International Conference on Advanced Computing and Communications. 2007; 780-84.
- Chesti AH, Venkata RD, Praveen T. Color Histogram Based Image Retrieval. International Journal of Advanced Engineering Technology. 2013; 3:63-66. E-ISSN 0976-3945.
- Lowe DG. Object recognition from local scale-invariant features. Proceedings of the International Conference on Computer Vision. 1999; 1150-57.
- Mamta K, Disha P, Tejal S, Divya U, Seema S. Improving Content Based Image Retrieval using Scale Invariant Feature Transform. International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology (IJEAT). 2012; 1:1-21. ISSN 2249 – 8958.
- Shraddha K, Shweta S, Ankita S. Radial Basis Function used in CBIR for SIFT Features. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering. 2012; 2(4):8-10. ISSN 2277 128X.
- Velmurugan K, Santhosh BS. Content - Based Image Retrieval using SURF and Colour Moments. Global Journal of Computer Science and Technology, Global Journals Inc. (USA). 2011; 11(10).
- Abdelkhalak B, Hamid Z. A SURF-Color Moments For Images Retrieval Based On Bag-Of Features. European Journal of Computer Science and Information Technology, European Centre for Research Training and Development UK. 2013; 1(1):11-22.
- Pietikainen M, Ahonen T, Takala V. Block-based methods for image retrieval using local binary patterns. Proceesings of the 14th Scandinavian Conference on Image Analysis. 2005; 882-91.
- Vatamanu OA, Frandes M, Ionescu M, Apostol S. ContentBased Image Retrieval using Local Binary Pattern, Intensity Histogram and Color Coherence Vector. IEEE E-Health and Bioengineering Conference (EHB). 2013; p. 1-6. ISBN 978-1-4799-2372-4.
- Bay H, Ess A, Tuytelaars T, Gool LV. SURF - Speeded Up Robust Features. Computer Vision and Image Understanding (CVIU). 2008; 110(3):346-59.
- Ojala DT, Pietikinen M, Maenpaa T. Multi resolution gray scale and rotation invariant texture classification with local binary patterns. IEEE Trans on PAMI. 2002; 24:971-87.
- Caltech256 dataset. Date accessed: 03/05/2015: Available from: http://www.vision.caltech.edu/Image_Datasets/ Caltech256/.
- Shen X, Lin Z, Brandt J, Wu Y. Mobile Product Image Search by Automatic Query Object Extraction. Florence, Italy: 12th European Conference on Computer Vision. 2012; p. 114-27.
- Shen X, Lin Z, Brandt J, Avidan S, Wu Y. Object retrieval and localization with spatially-constrained similarity measure and k-nn reranking. IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition. 2012.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.