Total views : 69
Design and Performance of Resonant Spacing Linear Patch Array with Mitered Bend Feed Network for Wireless Applications
Objective: This research paper focuses on the simulated design and its analysis of 2 element microstrip patch antenna arrays with Quarter wave transformer feed and mitered bend feed network that is widely used in ISM frequency bands in the field of wireless communications. Methods: Various types of microstrip array antennas using Quarter wave transformer feed and with miter bend feeds are designed using HFSS 13.0 and fabricated by photolithography technique using FR-4 substrate, which is tested using VNA E5071C. Findings: The optimum performance of the feeding system is based on various antenna parameters. Here 1X2 array antennas are designed. Miter bends are used for better impedance matching. Usage of miter bends declines the reflection coefficient. There is improvement in gain by using miter bend feed network. Applications: Good impedance matching, optimum reflection coefficient and high gain are achieved by metered bends. The obtained results show that the designed antenna is an apt tool for communications.
Corporate Feed, HFSS, Microstrip Antenna, Mitered-Bend Feed, Quarter-Wave Feed Transformer, Reflection Coefficient, WLAN
- Huque MTI et al. Design and simulation of a low-cost and high gain microstrip patch antenna arrays for the x-band applications. In the Proceedings of the International Conference on Network Communication and Computer (ICNCC), New Delhi, India; 2011 Mar. p. 1–4.
- Mailloux R, Mcllvenna J, Kernweis N. Microstrip array technology. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 1981 Jan; 29(1):25–31. Crossref.
- Hu C–C, Jsu CF, Wu J–J. An aperture-coupled linear microstrip leaky-wave antenna array with two-dimensional dual-beam scanning capability. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 2000 Jun; 48(6):909–13. Crossref.
- Kang G-C, Lee H-Y, Kim J-K, Park M-J, Harackiewicz FJ, Kim N-Y, Lee B. Ku-band high efficiency antenna with corporate series- fed microstrip array. In the Proceedings of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation Society, Columbus, OH, USA. 2003 Jun 22–27; 4:690–3.Crossref.
- Abbaspour–Tamijani A, Sarabandi K. An affordable millimeter wave beam-steerable antenna using interleaved planar subarrays. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 2003 Sep; 51(9):2193–202. Crossref.
- Prabhakar D, Rao PM, Satyanarayana. Characteristics of patch antenna with notch gap variations for Wi-Fi applications.International Journal of Applied EngineeringResearch. 2016; 11(8):5741–6.
- Priyalakshmi B, Kirthi J. Mini UWB-Bluetooth antenna design with band–notched characteristics. Indian Journal of Science Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(1):1–5. Crossref.
- Boufrioua A, Benghalia A. Effects of the resistive patch and the uniaxial anisotropic substrate on the resonant frequency and the scattering radar cross section of a rectangular microstrip antenna. Aerospace Science and Technology, Elsevier, ScienceDirect. 2006 Apr; 10(3):217–21. Crossref.
- Lo TKC, Hwang Y. Microstrip antennas of very high permittivity for personal communications. In the Proceedings of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Asia Pacific Microwave Conference (APMC), Hong Kong. 1997 Dec 2–5; 1:253–6.
- Barkat O, Benghalia A. Radiation and resonant frequency of superconducting annular ring microstrip antenna on uniaxial anisotropic media. Journal of Infrared, Millimeter and Terahertz Waves, Springer. 2009 Oct; 30(10):1053–66.Crossref.
- Lee CS, Tseng K–H. Radiation efficiency of electrically small microstrip antennas with width discontinuities. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 2005 Feb; 53(2):871–3. Crossref.
- Balanis CA. Antenna theory: analysis and design. 3rd edition.Wiley-Interscience; 2005 Apr 4. p. 1136.
- Garg R, Bhartia P, Ittipiboon A, Bahl I. Microstrip antenna design handbook. Boston (Mass.): Artech house; 2001. p. 845.
- Huque MTIu, Islam MS, Samad MF, Hosain MK. Design and performance analysis of the rectangular spiral microstrip antenna and its array configuration. In the Proceedings of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) 9th International Symposium on Antennas, Propagation and EM Theory, Guangzhou, China; 2010 Nov 29–Dec 2. p. 219–21.
- Milligan TA. Modern antenna design. New Jersey: John Wiley and Sons; 2005. p. 607.
- Alam MM, Sonchoy MMR, Goni MO. Design and performance analysis of microstrip array antenna. In the Proceeding of the Progress in Electromagnetics Research Symposium, Moscow, Russia; 2009 Aug 18–21. p. 1837–42.
- Mailloux RJ. Electronically scanned arrays. Synthesis Lectures on Antennas. 2007; 2(1):1–82. Crossref.
- Visser HJ. Array and phased array antenna basics. 2nd edition. John Wiley and Sons; 2005 Jul. p. 376. Crossref.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.