Total views : 344
A Circularly Polarized Ka-Band Antenna for Continuous Link Reception from GSAT-14
Objective: Design of circular ring patch antenna in Ka-band is described and simulated for receiving the dual polarised beacon continuously from GSAT - 14. Method: Circular ring’s intrinsic geometry selected in this work leads to circular polarization and high radiation efficiency so making it suitable for implementing on array and as well as for practical application where low losses are salient features. Findings: The proposed antenna has shown reliable performance which is measured in terms of Half Power Beam width (HPBW), Side Lobe Level (SLL), cross polarization, gain bandwidth and AR bandwidth at resonant frequency of 20.2 GHz. A truncation in the circle of the circular patch is made in order to meet these performance characteristics of the antenna. Applications/Improvements: The proposed antenna exhibits circular polarisation for any polarised incident wave which is desired in most of the communication applications. Results depict that this antennas can be useful in receiving the GSAT-14 beaco
Circular Ring Patch Antenna, Ka-Band, GSAT – 14, Polarised Wav.
- Panagopoulos AD, Arapoglou PD, Cottis PG. Satellite communications at Ku, Ka, and V bands: Propagation impairments and mitigation techniques. IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials. 2004; 3(6):2–14.
- Gorski P, Silva JS, Mosig JR. Wideband, low profile and circularly polarized K/Ka band antenna. In 2015 9th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), Lisbon. 2015 Apr. p. 1–3.
- Shen L. The elliptical microstrip antenna with circular polarization. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 1981; 29(1):90–4.
- Bhattacharyya AK, Shafai L. Elliptical ring patch antenna for circular polarization. In AP-S Digest Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, 1988. Syracuse, NY, USA, 1988 Jun 1. p. 22–5.
- Hao Y, Alomainy A, Hall PS, Nechayev YI, Parini CG, Constantinou CC. Antennas and propagation for body centric wireless communications. In IEEE/ACES International Conference on Wireless Communications and Applied Computational Electromagnetics. 2005 Apr. p. 586–9.
- Johnson RC, Ecker HA, Hollis JS. Determination of far-field antenna patterns from near-field measurements. Proceedings of the IEEE. 1973 Dec; 61(12):1668–94.
- Madhav BTP, Sanikommu M, Pranoop MNVS, Manikanta Chandra Bose KSN, Sriram Kumar B. CPW Fed Antenna for Wideband Applications based on Tapered Step Ground and EBG Structure. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 May; 8(S9):119–27.
- Balanis CA. Antenna theory: analysis and design. John Wiley & Sons: USA. 2016 Feb.
- Khan A, Nema R. Analysis of five different dielectric substrates on microstrip patch antenna. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2012 Jan; 55(18): 6–12.
- Sekra P, Shekhawat S, Dubey M, Bhatnagar D, Saxena VK, Saini JS. Design of circularly polarized edge truncated elliptical patch antenna with improved performance. Indian Journal of Radio & Space Physics. 2011 Aug; 40(4):227–33.
- Lakshmi MLSNS, Madhav BTP, Jayasree G, Vijay G, Nagarjuna P, Kumar A. Analytical Study on Folded-Slot Koch Fractal Antenna. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(17):1–6.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.