Total views : 406
A Comparative Study for Alleviation of Current Harmonics using PI/Fuzzy Controller based PV-APF System
Background/Objectives: The main ideology behind this paper is to design a Fuzzy Controller based Photo Voltaic-Active Power Filter (PV-APF) combinational system for alleviation of Current Harmonics. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The efficiency of PV module can be elevated by operating at Maximum Power Point (MPP) to achieve utmost power output. Hence, Maximum Power Point Methods (MPPT) methods. Here the Voltage Source Converter would act as active power filter compensating the current harmonics that are produced in 3-Ф 3-wire system there by the system power quality can be improved. Also, in this paper comparison is performed among fuzzy and PI controllers. Findings: The unified system is simulated in MATLAB/SIMULINK software based on simulation results obtained, we can able to conclude that compared to PI the total harmonic distortion of Fuzzy Controller is reduced to 3.68%. Application/Improvement: The THD value obtained from Fuzzy Controller is accurate. Hence Fuzzy Controller based PV-APF System is used for Alleviation of Current Harmonics.
Current Harmonics, Energy Demand, Harmonic Distortion, Power Quality, Renewable Energy Reserves
- Villalva MG, Gazoli JR, Filho ER. Comprehensive approach to modeling and simulation of photovoltaic arrays. IEEE Trans Power Electron. 2009; 24(5):1198–208.
- Kuo YC, Liang TJ, Chen JF. Novel maximum-power-point tracking controller for photovoltaic energy conversion system. IEEE Trans Ind Electron. 2001; 48(3):594–601.
- Houssamo I, Locment F, Sechilariu M. Experimental analysis of impact of MPPT methods on energy efficiency for photovoltaic power systems. Int J Elect Power Energy Syst. 2013; 46:98–107.
- Das JC. Passive filters-potentialities and limitations. IEEE Trans Ind Appli. 2004; 40(1):232–41.
- Akagi H. Active harmonic filters. Proc IEEE. 2005; 93(12):2128–41.
- Akagi H, Kanagawa Y, Nabae A. Generalized theory of the instantaneous reactive power in three-phase circuits. Proc Int Conf Power Electron; Tokyo, Japan. 1983. p. 1375–86.
- Afonso J, Martins CJ. Active filters with control based on the p-q Theory. IEEE Industrial Electronics Society Newsletter; 2000 Sep. p. 5–10.
- Tuyen ND, Fujita G. PV-active power filter combination supplies power to nonlinear load and compensates utility current. IEEE Power and Energy Technology Systems Journal. 2015; 2(1):32–42.
- Rezvani F, Mozafari B, Faghihi F. Power quality analysis for photovoltaic system considering unbalanced voltage. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(14):1–7.
- Kanth KM, Kishore RD. Implementation of MPPT techniques for a high step-up converter with voltage multiplier module based photovoltaic system. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(23):1–6.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.