Total views : 132
Energy Efficient Dynamic Node Localization Technique in Wireless Sensor Networks
Objective: This paper represents an energy efficient algorithm for localization of nodes in wireless sensor network by the help of a small number of anchor nodes (mobile). It calculates the node distance and node location. Method/Statistical Analysis: A small group of mobile dynamic anchor node is being associated with a powerful GPS receiver, Radio frequency and ultrasonic device. Location information is broadcasted periodically by the mobile anchor node and by trilateration/ multilateration technique, the static node location is calculated. To calculate the approximate position of a sensor node it takes three rounds. Findings: The technique is evaluated with the matlab and result compared with chord selection approach. The simulation result shows that the proposed localization method performs better and efficient than the other localization algorithms. Application/Improvement: The proposed algorithm adopts distance measurement as TDOA technique and static sensor node can localize when it comes into the reception range. The method is applicable location computation based routing, sensing nodes, node signal processing, and for node localization.
Localization Algorithm, Mobile Anchor Nodes, Wireless Channel, Wireless Sensor Network.
- Merico D, Bisiani R. Positioning localization and tracking in wireless sensor network. Technical report, DISCo, NOMADIS. 2006; 22(4):54-69.
- Pandey S, Agarwal P. A survey on localization techniques for wireless networks. Technical report, Auburn University. 2006; 29(7):1-7.
- Zhou X, Zhang L, Cheng Q. Landscape-3d: Arobust localization scheme for sensor networks over complex 3d terrains. USA: Proceeding 31st IEEE International Conference Local Computer Networks. 2006; p. 239-46.
- Chraibi Y. Localization in wireless sensor network. Sweden: KTH Stockholm, Master’s thesis. 2005.
- Liu Y, Yang Z, Wang X, Jian L. Location, localization and localizability. Journal of Computer Science and Technology. 2010; 25(2):274-97. Crossref.
- Brian M, John B, Stankovic A, Abdelzaher T, He T, Huang C. Range-free localization and its impact on large scale sensor networks. ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems. 2005; 4(1):877-906.
- Ou CH, Ssu KF. Sensor position determination with flying anchor in three dimensional wireless sensor networks. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing. 2008; 7(9):108497. Crossref.
- Sahu OP, Dubey T. A New Approach for Self Localization of Wireless Sensor Network. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2009; 2(11):1-4.
- Jin J, Wang Y, Tian C, Liu W, Mo Y. Localization and synchronization for 3d underwater acoustic sensor networks. Springer: Ubiquitous Intelligence and Computing. 2007; 4611:622-31.
- Lazos L, Poovendran R. SeRLoc: Robust localization for wireless sensor networks. ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks. 2005; p. 73-100.
- Martins M, So HC, Chen H, Huang P, Sezaki K. Novel centroid localization algorithm for three-dimensional wireless sensor networks. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communication, Networking and Mobile Computing. 2008; p. 1-4.
- Harikrishnan R, Jawahar Senthil Kumar V. An Integrated Xbee Arduino with Group Search Optimizer Approach for Localization in Wireless Sensor Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(22):1-5. Crossref.
- Mao G, Fidan B, Anderson BDO. Wireless sensor network localization techniques. Computer Network. The International Journal of Computer and Telecommunications Networking. 2007; 51(10):2529-53.
- Yu R, Sun Z, Mei S. A power aware and range free localization algorithm for sensor network. IEEE Transaction on Communication. 2006; p. 1-5.
- He T, Stoleru R, Stankovic JA. Range free localization. University of Virginia, Technical report. 2006.
- Tseng YC, Wang YC. Efficient placement and dispatch of sensors in wireless sensor network. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing. 2008; p. 262-74.
- Tseng YC, Wang YC. Distributed deployment scheme in mobile wireless sensor networks to ensure multi level coverage. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed System. 2008; p. 1280-94.
- Su KF, Ou CH, Jiau HC. Localization with mobile anchor points in wireless Sensor networks. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. 2005; 54(3):1187-97. Crossref.
- Mayilvaganan M, Devaki M. Elephant Localization and Direction of Arrival Estimation using Acoustic Sensor Network Based on Error Rectification Methods. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014; 7(S4):106-10.
- Fletcher F, Ristic B, Musicki D. Recursive Estimation of Emitter Location using TDOA Measurements from Two UAVs. Quebec, Canada: Proceedings of 10th International Conference on Information Fusion. 2007. Crossref.
- Kaune R. Gaussian Mixture (GM) Passive Localization using Time Difference of Arrival (TDOA). Informatik 2009-Workshop Sensor Data Fusion: Trends, Solutions, Applications. 2009; p. 2375-81.
- Livinsa ZM, Jayashri S. Monitoring Moving Target and Energy Saving Localization Algorithm in Wireless Sensor Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(3):1-5.
- Yu G, Yu F, Feng L. A three dimensional localization algorithm using a mobile anchor node under wireless channel. Proceedings of the IEEE International Joint Conference on Neural Networks-IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence. 2008.
- Nissanka B Priyantha, Chakraborty A, Balakrishnan H. The Cricket location support system. USA: Proceedings of the 6th annual International conference on Mobile computing and networking. 2000; p. 32-43.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.