Total views : 258
A Dynamic Raspberry Pi Sense HAT Multimodality Alerting System by using AWS IoT
Objectives: The main intention of this research is to develop a multimodality system that can monitor the temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, magnetometer, gyroscope, accelerometer values in any applications. Methods: This proposed system uses a wireless Raspberry Pi sense HAT sensor. With this system all the sensor values are obtained and apart from that to design an alerting/notification is being shown by considering temperature parameter. To perform that, the temperature is above predefined limit, which will be notifies by sending out an alert email notification via text messages to user web account by using Amazon Web Services Internet of Thing (AWS IoT) console, and reading the monitor data as visualized in the form of charts using thing speak and also uploads the monitoring data logged into a Google spreadsheet using Wi-Fi adaptor/ LAN to internet access. Simultaneously, all the monitoring data logs are s tored in a google spreadsheet to access related google Application Program Interface (APIs) by using OAuth 2.0 protocol. Finding: Obtaining sense Hat sensor data is working on python programming language. Which is a default language is provided by Raspberry Pi. Improvements: This system is used in different applications like cold storage, power plant stations, weather station, homes and chemical laboratories. And also focus on research direction in many fields, such as industry, agriculture by using a wireless sensor node.
AWS (Amazon Web Services) IoT, OAuth 2.0 Protocol, Python, Raspberry Pi, Raspberry Pi Sense HAT, Thing Speak.
- Sandeep V, Gopal K L, Naveen S, Amudhan A, Kumar LS. Globally accessible machine automation using raspberry pi based on Internet of Things. International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics, India; 2015.
- Feng X, Laurence TY. Internet of Things. Microsoft. 2012; 25:1101–2.
- Raza S. Lithe: Lightweight secure CoAP for the internet of things. IEEE Sensors Journal. 2013; 13(10):3711–20.
- About Raspberry Pi 2 [Internet]. 2015 Feb. Available from: www.raspberrypi.org.
- AWSIOT [Internet]. 2016. Available from: docs.aws.amazon.com/iot/latest/developerguide/what-is-aws-iot.html.
- Yao X, Han X. A light weight multicast authentication mechanism for small scale IoT applications. 2013; 13(10):3693–701.
- Sruthi MM, Mary LJ. Smart pollution detection and tracking system embedded with AWS IOT cloud. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering. 2016; 6(4):1–20.
- ThingSpeak [Internet]. 2016. Available from: http://thingspeak.com/docs/tutorial.
- Karankumar MD, Shreya MB, Kapil RS. Analysis of TOI (Things of Internet) industrial monitoring system on Raspberry Pi platform. International Journal of Computer Science and Mobile Applications. 2014; 2(11):33–40.
- Ibrahim M, Elgamri A, Babiker S, Mohamed A. Internet of things based smart environmental monitoring using the raspberry-pi computer. 2015 Fifth International Conference on Digital Information Processing and Communications (ICDIPC), 2015 Oct 7–9; 2015 Nov 12.
- Tintoiya AA, Shah MSS. IOT based smart monitoring system. Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research. 2015; 2(3):1568–77.
- Kasin M, Ismil MN, Yahaya CKHCK. Web based temperature monitoring system. International journal of Multidisciplinary Sciences and Engineering. 2011; 1(2):729–36.
- Breniuc L, Haba CG. Web-based monitoring and control of a temperature measurement system. Proceedings of the 2nd on-line Workshop on Tools for Education in Measurement, Tampere, Finland; 2002. p. 11–15.
- Gore RP, Mobeen SA. Industrial process parameter control using ethernet. International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology. 2015 Sep; 2(6):676–81.
- Yan B, Lee D. Application of RFID in cold chain temperature monitoring system. ISECS International Colloquium on Computing, Communication, Control, and Management. 2009; 2.
- Jain S, Vaibhav, Goyal L. Raspberry Pi based interactive home automation system through E-mail. 2014 International Conference on Optimization, Reliabilty, and Information Technology (ICROIT); 2014 Feb. p. 277–80.
- Gaddam SS, Ramesh NVK. Attendance management and user security system’s based on Eign faces algorithm using Raspberry pi 2 and Ethernet. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(17):1–6.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.