Total views : 327
A Novel Model based on Group Controlled Observation for DDOS Attack Detection and Prevention in VANET
Objectives: To identify the Distributed Denial Of service (DDOS) attack in the network and generate a preventive path while performing the V2V communication. The objective of work is to reduce the communication delay and communication loss. Methods/Statistical Analysis: In this work a group controlled method is provided for vehicular network to observe the attack within the group. The parameter driven analysis is applied within the group and identified the attacker node. Once the attacker is identified, the preventive path is generated. The paper has presented the algorithmic model for preventive route formulation. Findings: In Vehicular Ad Hoc Network (VANET), the large node traffic exist which results heavy network communication. DDOS in this attack degrades overall network reliability. In this paper, a group controlled analysis model is proposed to identify the DDOS attacked node and to generate the preventive communication path. At the early stage, the Road Side Unit (RSU) region is processed under mobility parameters to generate the node groups. Each group is also defined with an established controller. Finally, the group communication is observed under communication parameters to identify the attacker node. The paper has explored the model and the associated work stages in detail. Application/Improvements: The work is defined specifically for vehicular network and to identify the DDOS attack. The group specific restricted region analysis is provided to recognize the attacker node and to generate the preventive path.
DDOS, Group Based, Infrastructure Driven, VANET.
- Pathre A, Agrawal C, Jain A. A novel defense scheme against DDOS attack in VANET. 10th International Conference on Wireless and Optical Communications Networks (WOCN); Bhopal. 2013. p. 1-5.
- BiswasS J, Misic M, Misic M. DDoS attack on WAVE-enabled VANET through synchronization. IEEE 2nd Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM); Anaheim, CA. 2012. p. 1079-84.
- Kim Y, Kim I, Shim CY. A taxonomy for DOS attacks in VANET. 14th International Symposium on Communications and Information Technologies (ISCIT); Incheon. 2014. p. 26-7.
- Quyoom A, Ali R, Gouttam DN, Sharma H. A novel mechanism of detection of denial of service attack (DoS) in VANET using Malicious and Irrelevant Packet Detection Algorithm (MIPDA). International Conference on Computing, Communication and Automation (ICCCA); Noida. 2015. p. 414-9.
- Gandhi UD, Keerthana RVSM. Request response detection algorithm for detecting DoS attack in VANET. International Conference on Optimization, Reliabilty, and Information Technology (ICROIT); Faridabad. 2014. p. 192-4.
- Verma K, Hasbullah H, Saini HK. Reference broadcast synchronization-based prevention to DoS attacks in VANET. 7th International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3); Noida. 2014. p. 270-5.
- Verma K, Hasbullah H, Kumar A. An efficient defense method against UDP spoofed flooding traffic of denial of service (DoS) attacks in VANET. IEEE 3rd International Advance Computing Conference (IACC); Ghaziabad. 2013. p. 550-5.
- Ben-Othman J, Mokdad L. Modeling and verification tools for jamming attacks in VANETs. IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM); Austin, TX. 2014. p. 4562-7.
- He L, Zhu WT. Mitigating DoS attacks against signature-based authentication in VANETs. IEEE International Conference on Computer Science and Automation Engineering (CSAE); Zhangjiajie. 2012. p. 261-5.
- Ruan N, Hori Y. DoS attack-tolerant TESLA-based broadcast authentication protocol in Internet of Things. International Conference on Selected Topics in Mobile and Wireless Networking (iCOST); Avignon. 2012. p. 60-5.
- Mikki M, Mansour YM, Yim K. Privacy preserving secure communication protocol for vehicular Ad Hoc networks. 7th International Conference on Innovative Mobile and Internet Services in Ubiquitous Computing (IMIS); Taichung. 2013. p. 188-95.
- Sedjelmaci H, Senouci SM, Abu-Rgheff MA. An efficient and lightweight intrusion detection mechanism for service-oriented vehicular networks. IEEE Internet of Things Journal. 2014; 1(6):570-7.
- Mishra B, Panigrahy SK, Charan T, Tripathy D, Jena J, Jena SK. A secure and efficient message authentication protocol for VANETs with privacy preservation. World Congress on Information and Communication Technologies (WICT); Mumbai. 2011. p. 880-5.
- Smitha A, Pai MMN, Ajam J, Mouzna M. An optimized adaptive algorithm for authentication of safety critical messages in VANET. 8th International ICST Conference on Communications and Networking in China (CHINACOM); Guilin. 2013. p. 149-54.
- Lyamin N, Vinel A, Jonsson M, Loo J. Real-time detection of denial-of-service attacks in IEEE vehicular networks. IEEE Communications Letters. 2014; 18(1):110-3.
- Jaiganesh S, Jarina S, Amudhavel J, Premkumar K, Sampathkumar S, Vengattaraman T. Performance analysis of collision avoidance frame works in VANETS. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(11):1-7.
- Saravanan D, Agalya V, Amudhavel J, Janakiraman S. A brief survey on performance analysis and routing strategies on VANETS. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(11):1-6.
- Malik A, Pandey B. An intelligent authentication based vehicle initiated broadcast-dynamic path data collection scheme in VANET. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(16):1-9.
- Valantina GM, Jayashri S. A systematic survey of vanet routing protocols based on transmission strategies. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 June; 9(22):1-4.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.