Total views : 301
A Choquet Integral with DEMATEL-based Method for Coastal Erosion Decision Problem
Background/Objectives: This study aims to investigate the cause-effect relationship risk factors associated to coastal erosion decision problem using a decision model based on Choquet integral and Decision-making Trial and Evaluation Laboratory (DEMATEL) method. Methods/Statistical Analysis: In this study, DEMATEL method is used to determine the cause-effect diagram of the risk factor. DEMATEL is known as one of the tools in dealing with digraph visualization of the degree importance for factor influence. Meanwhile, a Choquet integral is used to yield the aggregation among the subjective preference judgement made by the decision makers based on normal capacity. The process of combining a several preference values into a single value is called as an aggregation process. Findings: The Choquet integral DEMATEL-based approach is applied to coastal erosion decision problem to evaluate both interactive and causal relationship of the risk factors. There are two phases involve in this method. The first phase is to illustrate the relationship digraphs of selected risk factors and the implementation of weighted eigenvector matrix comparison in DEMATEL based method. The second phase takes into aggregation of the multi-criteria decision risk factors by fuzzy measure and Choquet integral to obtain the integrated weights value. From the study, it is indicated that shoreline changes has the highest score of Choquet integral by 1.8198 that contribute the most to the coastal erosion followed by relative sea level rise (1.5791), climate change (1.1917) and wave condition (0.9315). Application/Improvements: The feasibility of the developed method can be used to improve the risk factors of coastal erosion management and assessment.
Cause-effect Relationship, Choquet Integral, Coastal Erosion, DEMATEL Method, Risk Factors.
- Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment. 2009. Coastal Management Activities. 2014. Available from: http://www.water.gov.my/activities-mainmenu-184v
- Mokhtar MB, Ghani ASA. An integrated coastal zone management using the ecosystem approach, some perspectives in Malaysia. Ocean and Coastal Management. 2003; 46:407–19.
- Tang Z, Engel BA, Pijanowski BC, Lima KJ. Forecasting land use change and its environmental impact at a watershed scale. Journal of Environmental Management. 2005; 76: =35–45
- Gabus A, Fontela E. Perceptions of the world problematique: Communication procedure, communicating with those bearing collective responsibility. Tech Rep. DEMATEL Report No. 1. Geneva, Switzerland: Battelle Geneva Research Center; 1976.
- Hsu CC. Evaluation criteria for blog design and analysis of causal relationship using factor analysis and DEMATEL. Experts Systems with Applications. 2012; 39:187–93.
- Liou JJH, Tzeng GH, Chang HC. Airline safety measurement using a hybrid model. Journal of Air Transport Management. 2007; 13(4):243–49.
- Wu HH, Chang SY. A case study of using DEMATEL method to identify critical factors in green supply chain management. Applied Mathematics and Computation. 2015; 256:394–403.
- Lin CL, Tzeng GH. A value-created system of science (technology) park by using DEMATEL. Expert Systems with Application. 2009; 36:9683–97.
- Horng JS, Liu CH, Chou SF, Tsai CY. Creativity as a critical criterion for future restaurant space design: Developing a novel model with DEMATEL application. International Journal of Hospitality Management. 2013; 33:96–105.
- Hsu CW, Kuo TC, Chen SH, Hu AH. Using DEMATEL to develop a carbon management model of supplier selection in green supply chain management. Journal of Cleaner Production. 2013; 56:164–72.
- Jassabi J, Mohamadnejad F, Nasrollahzadeh H. A fuzzy DEMATEL framework for modelling cause and effect relationships of strategy map. Experts Systems with Application. 2011; 38:5967–73.
- Joshi D, Kumar S. Interval-valued intuitionistic hesitant fuzzy Choquet integral based TOPSIS method for multicriteria group decision making. European Journal of Operational Research. 2016; 248:183–91.
- Sugeno M. Theory of fuzzy integral and its application. [Doctoral dissertation]. Tokyo Institute of Technology; 1974.
- Grabisch M. Alternative representations of discrete fuzzy measure for decision making. International Journal of Uncertainty, Fuzziness and Knowledge Based Systems. 1997; 5:587–607.
- Grabisch M, Murofushi T, Sugeno M. Fuzzy measure and integrals. NewYork: Physica-Verlag; 2000.
- Gabus A, Fontela E. World Problems, an invitation to further thought within the framework of DEMATEL. Geneva: Batelle Geneva Research Center; 1972.
- Grabisch M. Fuzzy measures and integrals: Theory and application. New York: Physica-Verlag; 2000.
- Sugeno M. Fuzzy automata and decision processes. New York: North-Holland, ch. Fuzzy measures and fuzzy integrals: A survey,;1977. p. 89–102.
- Waegenaere AD, Wakker PP. Nonmonotonic Choquet integrals. Journal of Mathematical Economics. 2001; 36:45–60.
- Wang Z, Klir GJ. Generalized measure theory. New York: Springer Science+Business Media; 2009
- Yang R, Wang Z, Heng PA, Leung KS. Fuzzy numbers and fuzzification of the Choquet integral. Fuzzy Sets and Systems. 2005; 153:95–113.
- Takahagi E. On identification methods of λ-fuzzy measures using weights and λ. Japanese Journal of Fuzzy Sets and Systems. 2000; 12(5):665–76 (Japanese).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.