Total views : 144
Stability of Dual Solutions in Boundary Layer Flow and Heat Transfer over an Exponentially Shrinking Cylinder
An investigation has been conducted to study the flow field of boundary layer and heat transfer passing shrinking cylinder using an exponent similarity variables. The shooting technique is used to solved the numerical computation but before that the governing equations in the form of partial differential equation will be transformed to nonlinear ordinary differential equations using suitable similarity variables. The skin friction coefficient, local Nusselt number and profiles are presented graphically. The effects of mass suction parameter and curvature parameter on flow and heat transfer behaviour are also presented. We notice the dual similarity solutions are available in certain range of the suction parameter which depend on curvature parameter. The stability analysis result is run by applying the bvp4c solver, in order to validate which solution is in stable flow and physically meaningful.
Boundary Layer, Dual Solutions, Heat Transfer, Shrinking Cylinder, Stability Analysis.
- Bhattacharyya K, Pop I. MHD boundary layer flow due to an exponentially shrinking sheet. Magnetohydrodynamics. 2011; 47(4):337-44.
- Nadeem S, Ul-Haq R, Lee C. MHD flow of a Casson fluid over an exponentially shrinking sheet. Scientia Iranica B. 2012; 19(6):1550-3.
- Rehman A, Nadeem S, Malik MY. Radiative boundary layer flow in a porous medium due to exponentially shrinking permeable sheet. Reef Resources Assessment and Management Technical Paper. 2013; 35:122-32.
- Najib N, Bachok N, Arifin NM, Ishak A. Boundary layer stagnation point flow and heat transfer past a permeable exponentially shrinking cylinder. International Journal of Mathematical Models and Methods in Applied Sciences. 2014; 8:121-6.
- Aleng NL, Bachok N, Arifin NM. Flow and heat transfer of a nanofluid over an exponentially shrinking sheet. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(31):6.
- Rehman A, Nadeem S, Malik MY. Stagnation flow of couple stress nanofluid over an exponentially stretching sheet through a porous medium. Journal of Power Technologies. 2013; 93(2):122-32.
- Bhattacharyya K, Layek GC. Thermal boundary layer in flow due to an exponentially stretching surface with an exponentially moving free stream. Hindawi. 2014; 785049:9.
- Hafidzuddin EH, Nazar R, Arifin NM, Pop I. Numerical solutions of boundary layer flow over an exponentially stretching/shrinking sheet with generalized slip velocity. International Journal of Mathematical, Computation al, Physical, Electrical and Computer Engineering. 2015; 9(4):240-5.
- Kumar TP, Gangadhar K. Slip flow of a Casson fluid over an exponentially stretching surface and heat ans mass transfer.International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology.2015; 2(4):2040-8.
- Rehman A, Bazai R, Achakzai S, Iqbal S, Naseer M. Boundary layer flow and heat transfer of micropolar fluid over a vertical exponentially stretched cylinder. Applied and Computational Mathematics. 2015; 4(6):424-30.
- Rehman A, Farooq G, Ahmed I, Naseer M, Zulfiqar M. Boundary layer stagnation-point flow of second grade fluid over an exponentially stretching sheet. American Journal of Applied Mathematics and Statistics. 2015; 3(6):211-9.
- Merkin JH. On dual solutions occuring in mixed convection in a porous medium. Journal of Engineering Mathematics.1985; 20:171-9.
- Weidman PD, Kubitschek DG, Davis AMJ. The effects of transpiration on self-similar boundary layer flow over moving surfaces. International Journal of Engineering Science. 2006; 44:730-7.
- Merill K, Beauchesne M, Previte J, Paullet J, Weidmen P. Final steady flow near a stagnation point on a vertical surface in a porous medium. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 2006; 49:4681-6.
- Ishak A. Flow and heat transfer over a shrinking sheet: A stability analysis. International Journal of Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial and Mechatronics Engineering. 2014; 8(5):905-9.
- Nazar R, Noor A, Jafar K, Pop I. Stability analysis of three-dimensional flow and heat transfer over a permeable shrinking surface in a Cu-water nanofluid. International Journal of Mathematical, Computational, Physical, Electrical and Computer Engineering. 2014; 8(5):782-8.
- Noor A, Nazar R, Jafar K, Pop I. Stability analysis of flow and heat transfer on a permeable moving plate in a Co-flowing nanofluid. AIP Conference Proceedings; 2014. p. 898-905.
- Noor A, Nazar R, Jafar K. Stability analysis of stagnationpoint flow past a shrinking sheet in a nanofluid. Journal of Quality Measurement and Analysis. 2014; 10(2):5163.
- Hafidzuddin EH, Nazar R, Arifin NM, Pop I. Stability analysis of unsteady three-dimensional viscous flow over a permeable stretching/shrinking surface. Journal of Quality Measurement and Analysis. 2015; 11(1):19-31.
- Yasin MHM, Ishak A, Pop I. MHD stagnation-point flow and heat transfer with effects of viscous dissipation, Joule heating and partial velocity slip. Scientific Reports. 2015; 5:8.
- Bhattacharyya K. Boundary layer flow and heat transfer over an exponentially shrinking sheet. Chinese Physics Letter. 2011; 28(7):4.
- Harris SD, Ingham DB, Pop I. Mixed convection boundarylayer flow near the stagnation point on a vertical surface in a porous medium: Brinkman model with slip. Transport Porous Media. 2009; 77:267–85.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.