Total views : 209
A Novel Channel Estimation Technique of MIMO-OFDM System based on Modified Kalman Filter
Objectives: Novel channel estimation technique of MIMO-OFDM system based on Modified Kalman Filter (MKF).The performance metrics are bit error rate, types of modulation method, size of the antenna, types of the Kalman filter. Methods: The performance methods considered are MKF, Single Kalman Filter (SKF), Double Kalman Filter (DKF).We have evaluated channel effect with respect to QPSK modulation technique and Rayleigh channel. Using MATLAB simulation tool, we have plot the bit error rate versus signal to noise ratio graph for MKF, SKF and DKF method. Results: The proposed channel estimation method improves the bit error rate performance compare to conventional channel estimation method. We have compared the proposed MKF method with the SKF and DKF method. Theoretical analysis and simulation results shows that the proposed channel estimation and tracking method based on MKF offer the excellent improvement in bit error rate compare to conventional channel estimation method. Improvements: We have achieved lowest bit error rate in the proposed MKF method compare to SKF and DKF method. As we increase the number of antenna at transmitter and receiver side we have also achieved the lowest bit error rate in the proposed MKF method.
BER (Bit Error Rate), Channel Estimation, DKF (Double Kalman Filter), MIMO-OFDM (Multiple Input Multiple Output - Orthogonal Frquency Division Multiplexing), MKF (Modified Kalman Filter), SKF (Single Kalman Filter).
- Dalwadi DC, Soni HB. A novel discrete spreading scheme with RC filter for PAPR reduction in OFDM system using multiple interleaver. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2015 Sep; 10(17):37806–12.
- Dalwadi DC, Soni HB. Channel estimation and tracking of MIMO-OFDM system based on Kalman filter. IEEE International Conference on Electronics and Communication Systems, Coimbatore; 2016 Feb.
- Karami E, Shiva M. Blind MIMO channel tracking using decision-directed maximum-likelihood estimation. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. 2007 May; 56(3):1447–54.
- Dalwadi DC, Soni HB. Low complexity PAPR reduction technique for coded OFDM systems with scrambling approach. Science Central International Press Corporation USA; Oct 2014. p. 3294–9.
- Kalofonos DN, Stojanovic M, Proakis JG. Performance of adaptive MC-CDMA detectors in rapidly fading Rayleigh channels. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. 2003 Mar; 2(2):1375–87.
- 3GPP. Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access (E-UTRA); Long Term Evolution (LTE) physical layer; General description. 3rd Generation Partnership Project, no. TS 36.201; 2007 Dec.
- Hanzo L, Akhtman Y, Wang L, Jiang M. MIMO-OFDM for LTE, Wi-Fi and WiMAX. John Wiley and Sons, Ltd, Publication.
- Ping L, Liu L, Wu K, Leung WK. Interleave division multiple access. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. 2006 Apr; 5(4):9381547.
- Kalman RE. A new approach to linear filtering and prediction problems. Transactions of ASME-Journal of Basic Engineering. 1960; 82(Series D):35–45.
- Manikandan C, Neelamegam P, Divya E. OFDM techniques for MIMO-OFDM system: A review. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(22). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i22/79103.
- Babu VN, Adinarayana V, Muralikrishna K, Kumar PR. An improved compressed sensing based sparse channel estimation for MIMO-OFDM systems with an efficient pilot insertion scheme. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(20). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i20/81485.
- Rao JC, Rao NV. CPW-fed compact ultra wideband MIMO antenna for portable devices. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(17). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i17/93046.
- Eghbali SM, Beiranvand I. PTS OFDM scheme based on ICA algorithm for PAPR reduction in satellite communication. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jun; 8(12). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i12/60404.
- Raja NB, Gangatharan N. A new low complexity DHT based weighted OFDM transmission for peak power reduction. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(17). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i17/86328.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.