Total views : 398
A Comprehensive Analysis and Evaluation of Computer-based Testing Tools
Background/Objectives: The growth of the internet in the last few decades has given rise to the demand for computerand web-based testing. The use of computers and web-based applications for assessing the knowledge, attitudes and skills of different people from different backgrounds with different specialities around the world are increasing day by day. Methods/Analysis: The needs for increased security, advanced test formats, more flexible scheduling, better measurement, automatic grading, psychometric analysis, and other effective administrative processes have made different testing agencies and organizations to consider converting the administration of their exams from conventional paper-andpencil based to computer-based and online-based testing. Findings: In this article we are going to evaluate three different tools to tackle with the above mentioned problems and to provide a comprehensive information to those organizations who are planning to consider computer-based testing in future.
Fasttest Web, Prometric IBT, Question Mark Perception, Web-based Testing Tools.
- Shepherd E et al. Delivering Assessments Safely and Securely. Questionmark: Questionmark White Paper. 2009; 24 pp.
- Economides AA, Roumeliotis M, Baklavas G. Evaluation and Comparison of Web-Based Testing Tools, in WebNet World Conference on the WWW and Internet 1999. Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE): Honolulu, Hawaii. 1999; 81–6.
- Stocking ML, Smith R, Swanso L. An Investigation of Approaches to Computerizing the GRE@ Subject Test. Educational Testing Service, Princeton, NJ 08541. 2000; 50 pp.
- Becker KA, Bergstrom BA. Test Administration Models. Practical Assessment, Research and Evaluation. 2013; 18(14):7.
- Dermo J. Scheduling and delivering Assessments for Questionmark Perception: Discussion Paper. University of Bradford: Questionmark. 2008; 9 pp.
- Questionmark, Authoring Guide How to author questions and assessments using Questionmark Perception, in Version 5.: Questionmark Perception. 2011; 169 pp.
- Questionmark, Getting Started Guide Learn to author, schedule, deliver and report on assessments with Questionmark Perception, in Version 5: Questionmark Perception. 2013; 69 pp.
- Available from: https://www.questionmark.com/us/perception/ Pages/default.aspx. [cited 2015, 02/18].
- FasttestWeb, Quick Start Guide to FastTEST Web Part 1: Workspace Administrators, in Version 2.1: Fasttest Web. 2011; 7 pp.
- FasttestWeb, Quick Start Guide to FastTEST Web Part 2: All Users, in Version 2.1. Fasttest Web. 2011; 7 pp.
- Fasttest, Chapter 3D: Deleting Categories and Items in the Bank, and Item Versioning - FastTest - Online testing - Item Banking. Fasttest Web Manual. 2013; 4 pp.
- Fasttest, Chapter 3A: The Item Explorer Tab - Creating Items, Banks, and Categories - FastTest - Online testing Item Banking. Fasttest Web Manual. 2013; 7 pp.
- Fasttest, Chapter 3B: The Item Explorer Tab - Editing Items - FastTest - Online testing - Item Banking. Fasttest Web Manual. 2013; 20 pp.
- Fasttest, Chapter 7C: Reporting, Exporting Data, and Rescoring - FastTest - Online testing - Item Banking.
- Fasttest Web Manual. 2013; 5 pp.
- Fasttest, Chapter 7B: Delivering Tests - Online Testing - FastTest - Online testing - Item Banking. Fasttest Web Manual. 2013; 8 pp.
- Fasttest, Chapter 7A: Delivering Tests - Paper and Pencil Testing - FastTest - Online testing - Item Banking. Fasttest Web Manual. 2013; 6 pp.
- Fasttest, Chapter 4C: The CAT Tab - FastTest - Online testing - Item Banking. Fasttest Web Manual. 2013; 5 pp.
- Fasttest, Chapter 4A: The Test Assembler Tab - Information and Online Delivery Tabs - FastTest - Online testing - Item Banking. 2013: Fasttest Web Manual. 2013; 5 pp.
- Prometric, INTERNET-BASED TESTING, ADVANCED USERS GUIDE, in Version 7.6. Prometric. 2013; 152 pp.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.