Total views : 280
2D to 3D Conversion using Key Frame Extraction
Background/Objectives: Extracting 3D information from two dimensional images is tedious process and challenging task. In this paper, a novel 2D to 3D conversion model is presented to convert monoscopic 2D images into 3D stereoscopic images. Method/Satistical Analysis: The depth information about key frames is extracted from the 2D images. Then both foreground and background objects are extracted using background subtraction algorithm. From the generated region of interest both forward and backward motion pixels are extracted in the form of vectors. Gabor filter is applied to decompose high pass luminance and chrominance. Each pixels decomposed with gabor filter is estimated with its own sub band to model the depth information. Findings: Depth map associated with each sub band and its oriented pixels are mapped with the depth information of 2D images and this makes a realistic view of 2D images in 3D stereoscopic view. Application/ Improvements: The proposed model is experimentally tested on both right and left view and the results shows that the presented model is better than the traditional model.
Background Subtraction Algorithm, Gabor Filter, Key Frames, Monoscopic Images, Stereoscopic Images.
- Kavitha M, Kannan E. A new Procedure for 2D to 3D conversion using Depth Array Conversion. American Journal of Applied Sciences. 2014; 11(4):694–99.
- Feng Y, Ren J, Jiang J. Object-Based 2D-to-3D Video Conversion for Effective Stereoscopic Content Generation in 3D-TV Applications. IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting. 2011; 57(2):500–9.
- Huang W, Cao X, Lu K, Dai Q, Bovik AC, “Toward Naturalistic 2D-to-3D Conversion,” in IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 2015, 24(2), pp.724-33.
- Konrad J, Wang M, Ishwar P, Wu C, Mukherjee D. LearningBased, Automatic 2D-to-3D Image and Video Conversion. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing. 2013; 22(9):3485– 96.
- Cao X, Li Z, Dai Q. Semi-Automatic 2D-to-3D Conversion Using Disparity Propagation. IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting. 2011; 57(2):491–99.
- Kavitha M, Kannan E. Improving the quality of generated Depth in a 2D to 3D conversion system. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2015; 10(75).
- Kavitha M, Kannan E. A New approach for converting 2D to 3D video with Image wrapping and Hole filling method. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2014; 9(27).
- Kavitha M, Kannan E, Pavithra C. An Efficient Edge Detection Algorithm for 2D-3D Conversion. International Conference on Computation of Power, Energy, Information and Communication (ICCPEIC), Chennai. 2014. p. 434–36.
- Lai Y-K, Lai Y-F, Chen Y-C. An Effective Hybrid DepthGeneration Algorithm for 2D-to-3D Conversion in 3D Displays. Journal of Display Technology. 2013 Mar; 9(3).
- Kang M, Kim S, Choi EJ. A study on Smart Phone- based Shooting Device of 3D stereoscopic Image. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(19).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.