Total views : 250
A Comparative Analysis of TCP/IP and ROACM Protocols- A Simulation Study
The purpose of this research is to introduce a new novel protocol, Route Once and Cross-connect Many (ROACM), and compare it against the Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP). The Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) is one of the interior routing protocols, which creates the routing tables for routers. These tables are adopted by TCP/IP protocol for forwarding packets. In this research, the routing protocol used to build the tables in routers is OSPF, but the comparison is between the TCP/IP and ROACM protocols. The variables selected for studying the efficiency of TCP/IP and developed protocol are average delay and throughput. The developed protocol outperforms in both the average delay and the throughput. Also, it was found out that developed protocol namely ROACM protocol is exponentially more efficient than TCP/IP.
Delay Time, Route Once and Cross-connect Many, Routing, Routing Protocol, Swtiching, TCP/IP, Throughput.
- Ishihara T, Kusuda T, Nagami K, Nakagawa K, Kikuchi Y, Esaki H. A consideration of IX architecture using mpls based on router performance and QoS requirements. IEICE Transaction Communication. 2003 Feb; E86-B(2):498–505.
- Xiao X, Ni L, Vuppala V. An overview of IP switching and tag switching. ICPADS’97, Seoul: Korea; 1997 Dec 11–13.
- Rekhther Y, Davie B, Katz D, Rosen E, Swallow G. Cisco Systems’ Tag Switching Architecture Overview [Internet]. 1997 Feb. Available from: https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2105.txt.
- Katsube Y, Nagami K, Esaki H. Toshiba’s router architecture extensions for ATM: Overview. IETF RFC 2098. 1997 Apr.
- Baker F. Requirements for IP version 4 routers. IETF RFC 1812. 1995 Jun.
- Cisco White Paper. Understanding MPLS-TP and Its benefits. Cisco Public Information.
- Diab A, Boringer R. Optimized I-MPLS: A fast and transparent micro-mobility-enabled MPLS framework. IEEE; 2006.
- Xie W, Huang S, Gu W. An improved ring protection method in MPLS-TP networks. IEEE; 2010.
- Applegate D. Load optimal MPLS routing with N + M labels. IEEE; 2003.
- Qiu Y. A research of MPLS-based network fault recovery. 2010 Third International Conference on Intelligent Networks and Intelligent Systems; 2010.
- Newman P, Lyon T, Minshall G. Flow labelled IP: A connectionless approach to ATM. Proceedings IEEE Infocom’96, San Francisco: CA; 1996 Mar. p. 1251–60.
- Rekhter Y, Davie B, Katz D, Rosen E, Swallow G. Cisco systems’ tag switching architecture overview. IETF RFC 2105. 1997 Feb.
- Newman P, Minshall G, Lyon T, Huston L. IP switching and gigabit routers. IEEE Communications Magazine. 1997 Jan; 35(1):64–9.
- Kaur G, Kumar D. MPLS technology on IP backbone network. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2010; 5(1).
- Dumka A, Mandoria H. Dynamic MPLS with feedback. International Journal of Computer Science, Engineering and Applications; 2012.
- Chan C, Wang P-C, Hu S-C, Lee C-L, Chen R-C. High performance IP forwarding with efficient routing-table update. Computer Communications. 2003 Sep1; 26(14):1641–92.
- Stevens R. TCP/IP illustrated [Internet]. [Cited 2016 Mar 22]. Available from: http://www.cs.newpaltz.edu/~pletcha/NET_PY/the-protocols-tcp-ip-illustrated-volume-1.9780201633467.24290.pdf.
- Bahattab A. Route once and cross-connct many; 2010 Feb 16.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.