Total views : 585
A Comparison of Distributed Range Free Localization Algorithms in Wireless Sensor Networks
Background/Objective: In most of the applications of WSN from traffic monitoring to military applications via surveillance location of the node is the prime concern. Various localization algorithms are there for the position estimation but their capabilities are varying from one another in the context of the deployment mode, accuracy in location determination and complexity. Hence this paper focuses on the comparative analysis of various range free localization algorithms under distributed environment. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Algorithms such as APIT, DV-Hop, MDS-MAP, Centroid, Grid Scan, Bounding Box and Amorphous are tested in MATLAB under various parameters and results are then compared. Findings: Main parameter for the comparison is the localization error. Simulation results emphasis on the algorithms suitability with respect to the parameters in hand. From the results it is evident that with the increase of the number of nodes the localization error value decreases and also by increasing the range value the same impact is seen on the error value. MDS-MAP is the best approach of localization in both of the scenarios either by increasing the node amount or by increasing the range value.
Bounding Box, Centroid, Distance Vector, Grid Scan, Localization, Range Free
- Xi W, Zhao J, Liu X, Li ZY, Qi Y. EUL: An efficient and universal localization method for wireless sensor network. IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS); 2009 Jun 29. p. 433-440.
- Zhang Z, Hong S, Ren Tj. Discussion on localization algorithm of wireless sensor networks. Journal of Guizhou University (Natural Science Edition). 2010; (1):24.
- Boukerche A. Localization systems for wireless sensor networks. Algorithms and Protocols for Wireless Sensor Networks Boukerche/Networks. 2006; 14(6):6-12.
- Halder S, Ghosal A. A survey on mobility-assisted localization techniques in wireless sensor networks. Journal of Network and Computer Applications. 2016 Jan; 60:82-94.
- Nagpal R, Shrobe H, Bachrach J, Heidelberg H . Organizing a global coordinate system from local information on an ad hoc sensor network. Information Processing in Sensor Networks. 2003; 333-48.
- Li S, Ding X, Yang T. Analysis of five typical localization algorithms for wireless sensor networks. Wireless Sensor Network. 2015 Apr; 7(4):27.
- Wang Y, Lian Y, Nakao A. LHDV-HOP: An energy-effective range-free localization scheme in wireless sensor networks. 12th IEEE International Conference on Communication Technology (ICCT); 2010 Nov. p. 1007-10.
- He T, Huang C, Blum BM, Stankovic JA, Abdelzaher T. Range-free localization schemes for large scale sensor networks. Proceedings of the 9th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking; 2003 Sep. p. 81-95.
- Weiren S, Lei XU. Localization algorithm with mobile anchor in static wireless sensor network. Chinese Journal of Scientific Instrument. 2007; 28(3):385.
- He T, Huang C, Blum BM, Stankovic JA, Abdelzaher T. Range-free localization schemes for large scale sensor networks. Proceedings of the 9th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking; 2003. p. 81-95.
- Shang F, Heidelberg SB. An adaline-based location algorithm for wireless sensor network. Advances in Neural Networks. 2009 May; 5553:809-18.
- Rao MVRT, Adilakshmi A. Optimized cluster with genetic swarm technique for wireless sensor networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(17):1-9.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.