Total views : 213
The Effect of Nonlinear Loads on MMF Wave of a Synchronous Generator
Objectives: In this paper, the effect of harmonics made by nonlinear loads on some parameters of a synchronous generator such as Magneto Motive Force (MMF) will be analyzed. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The MMF equations are derived, for two cases of linear and nonlinear loads based on the winding function theory and analytical method. All spatial and time harmonic components in this derivation will be considered. Also, the space vector variations of this field with respect to time harmonics will be analyzed. Findings: Nonlinear loads with time harmonics injection in the synchronous generator can disturb the magnetic field and the output voltage. These harmonics have other important effects such as increasing the vibration and noise, thermal loading, reduction of efficiency, etc. Also it will be shown that the space vector of magnetic field can be used to introduce of effects of time harmonics of load in synchronous generator. Application/Improvements: This paper can be used to reach the harmonic models of synchronous generator.
MMF, Nonlinear Load, Synchronous Generator, Space Vector, Winding Function
- Moideen KKR, Dewangan UK. Comparative Study of Linear and Geometric Nonlinear Load-Deflection Behavior of Flexural Steel Members. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(18):1–6.
- Kamarposhti MA. Evaluation of Static Synchronous Compensator in Order to Loading Margin Study in Power System. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2010 May; 3(5):1–4.
- Farahani HFF, Sabaghi M. Analysis of Current Harmonic on Power System Fuses Using ANSYS. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2012 Mar; 5(3):1–5.
- Arrillaga J, Watson NR. Power System Harmonics, 2nd edition. 2004. PMid:14767606
- Francisco C, DRosa DL. Harmonics and power systems.CRC Press. 2006; 1–6.
- Chiu CN. A Fast Approach for Simulating Long-Time response of High Speed Dispersive and Lossy Interconnects Terminated with Nonlinear Loads, PIER. 2009; 91:153–71.https://doi.org/10.2528/PIER09021502
- Phillips GR, Louis STMO. Design of stand-by generators for nonlinear loads. IEEE Conference on Industry Application.2011; 1:185–9.
- Ladjavardi M, Masoum MAS, Islam SM. Impact of Time and Space Harmonics on Synchronous Generator Load Angle. Power system Conference and Exposition (PSCE), USA. 2006. p. 1132–8.
- Amelon N, Ahmed M, Benkhoris MF. Modeling Approach of a Generator with Non-linear Load in Embedded Electrical Network. 13th Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference, EPE-PEMC, France. 2008. p.1740–7.
- Jadric I, Borojevic D, Jadric M. Modeling and Control of a Synchronous Generator with an Active DC Load. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2000; 15(2):303–11.
- Graham Q, Beckwith S, Milliken FH. Magnetic Noise in Synchronous Machines, Transactions of the American Intitution of Electrical Engineering. 1931; 50(5):344–6.https://doi.org/10.1109/ee.1931.6430251 https://doi.org/10.1109/t-aiee.1931.5055917
- walker JH, Kerruish N. Open Circuit Noise In Synchronous Machines, The Institution of Electrical Engineers. 1960; 107(36):505–12.
- Ohishi K. Radial Magnetic Pull in Salient Pole machine with Eccentric Rotor. 1987; 2(3):46–7.
- Wang L, Richard W, Cheung C, Ma Z, Ruan J, Peng Y. Finite-Element Analysis of Unbalanced Magnetic Pull in a Large Hydro-Generator under Practical Operations. IEEE Transaction on Magnetics. 2008; 44(6):1558–61. https:// doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2007.916023
- Oliveira RR. Three-Phase Synchronous Generators Performance with Unbalanced and Non-Linear Loading Analytical and Experimental Analysis. IEEE ISIE Montreal, Quebec, Canada. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/ isie.2006.295834
- Wan S, He Y. Investigation On Stator and Rotor Vibration Characteristics of Turbo-Generator Uder Air Gap Eccentricity Fault. Transactions of the Canadian Society for Mechanical Engineering. 2011; 35(2):1–16.
- Stoll RL. Simple Computational Model For Calculating the Unbalanced Magnetic Pull on a Two-pole Turbo generator Rotor Due To Eccentricity. IEE PROC. 1997; 144(4):263– 70.
- Michin M, Holehouse RC, Atallah K, Johnstone G. Effect of Rotor Eccentricity in Large Synchronous Machines. IEEE transactions on Magnetics. 2014; 50(11):1–15. https://doi.
- Mirafzal M, Nabeel N. Effects of Load Magnitude on Diagnosing Broken Bar Faults in Induction Motors Using the Pendulous Oscillation of the Rotor Magnetic Field Orientation. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications. 2005; 41(3):771–83. https://doi.org/10.1109/ TIA.2005.847315
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.