Total views : 108
Analysis of Elliptical Contact area of Rolling Element Bearing 6207 using Artificial Neural Network
Objective: In rolling bearing the contact area between the ball and race plays a vital role for the formation of the lubricant film. Objective of present work is calculation of major and minor axis and further the elliptic contact area developed between the ball & races of the rolling element bearing. Methods/Statistical Analysis: For this bearing 6207 is selected and analytically the contact area is calculated at different load and how the load affects the contact area is analyzed. In addition to analytical method elliptical contact area is also calculated using Artificial Neural Network (ANN). Findings: Using the ANN the error in the calculated contact area is found nearly 1%. So ANN is found to be a successful tool for the prediction of the elliptic contact area. Application/improvement: This eliminates the cumbersome of calculation.
Artificial Neural Network (ANN), Elliptical Contact Area, Elliptic Parameter, Elliptic Integral, Lubricant Film Thickness, Rolling Element Bearing.
- Vahid M, Mohammadhassan H, Saeed D, Farshad T, Amirhossein M. Role of Exponential and Power Law Formulations in Contact Stress. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Jan; 7(1):7–13.
- 1-Hamrock Bernard J. Stresses and Deformations in Elliptical Contacts. NASA Technical Memorandum. 1980.
- Dwyer-Joyce RS. Tribological Design Data, Part 3: Contact Mechanics, 1st Edition. 1997 Jun.
- Harris TA. Rolling Bearing Analysis, John Wile: & Sons, New York. 1966.
- Hamrock Bernard J, Anderson William J. Rolling-Element Bearings. NASA Reference Publication 1105. 1983 Jun.
- Hamrock BJ, Brewe DE. Simplified Solution for tresses and Deformations. Journal of Lubrication Technology. 1983 Apr; 105:171–7. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3254558
- Greenwood JA. Formulas for Moderately Elliptical Hertzian Contacts. Journal of Tribology. 1985 Oct; 107:501–4. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3261116
- Greenwood JA. Analysis of elliptical Hertzian Contact. Tribology International. 1997; 30(3):235–37. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0301-679X(96)00051-5
- Brewe DE, Hamrock BJ. Simplified Solution for Elliptical-Contact deformation between two Elastic Solids. J Lubr Technol. 1977; 99(4):685–487. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3453245
- Victorovich ZV, Victorovich SS. Maintaining Boundary and Hydrodynamic Lubrication Modes in Operating Highpressure Fuel Injection Pumps of Marine Diesel Engines. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(20):1–9. https://doi.org/10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i20/94490
- Bhandari VB. Design of Machine element. Tata McGrawHill. 1998.
- PSG Design Data book. 1998.
- Safdar T, Abdul M, Afshar A. Environmental Noise Classification using LDA, QDA and ANN Methods. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Sep; 9(33):1–8.
- Rani FA, Raghavendiran TA. Management of the Unified Power Flow Controller (UPFC) using a Single Back Propagation Feed Forward Artificial Neural Network. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Aug; 7(8):1155–69.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.