Total views : 3
Confidential Data Access Control in Named Data Networking
Objective: Named Data Networking (NDN) is an emerging model to replace the existing IP networks which focuses mainly on Content or the data. The notion of the work is to provide solution to the Interest Flooding Attack (IFA) .Content access is also restricted and transferred only to the permitted user by using NDN specific Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) server. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Major data transferred over the IP network is Contents. This gave way for a new Content Centric Network (CCN) design known as NDN. Not all the contents in the network should be accessible by all users. There are some confidential data which should be accessible only by the specific users. This Confidential Data Access Control model solves this issue by introducing few changes in the existing packet structures and by adding interest validation algorithm in Content Provider (CP) and at the NDN routers. This model also introduces NDN specific AAA Server which does authentication and authorization to check the access restriction to the requested content by the users. NDN AAA server is associated with all the CPs. Findings: The system when implemented showed better results with improved performance in overall network by avoiding Flooding attack and securing content packets. Application/Improvement: Hence, the proposed model of NDN is designed to improve security and also to provide access restrictions for specified users to access the content. This is an implementation paper of the previously published algorithms.
Access Control, Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA), Confidential Data Access Control, Interesting Flooding Attack, Named Data Networks.
- Hemanathan V, Anusha N. Role based content access control in NDN. Journal of Innovative Technology and Education. 2015 Sep; 2(1):65–73. Crossref
- Vetriselvi V, Sugadev C, Manimurugesan P, Vignesh NT, Rani P. E-mail application on named data networking using long lived interest. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(8):1–7.
- Vasilakos AV, Li Z, Simon G, You W. Information centric network: research challenges and opportunities. Journal of Network and Computer Applications. 2015 Jun; 52:1–10. Crossref
- Li Q, Zhang X, Zheng Q, Sandhu R, Fu X. LIVE: lightweight integrity verification and content access control for named data networking. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Transactions on Information Forensics and Security. 2015 Feb; 10(2):308–19. Crossref
- Claffy K, Polterock J, Afanasyev A, Burke J, Zhang L. The first Named Data Networking Community meeting (NDNcomm) [Internet]. 2015 [updated 2016 Nov 17; cited 2015 Apr]. Available from: Crossref
- NDN Community meeting (NDNcomm): architecture, applications, and collaboration [Internet]. 2014 [updated 2015 Oct 19; cited 2014 Sep 4–5]. Available from: Crossref 7. Named data networking consortium [Internet]. 2015 [cited 2015 Feb 6]. Available from: Crossref
- Compagno A, Conti M, Gasti P, Tsudikz G.NDN Interest flooding attack and countermeasures. In the Proceedings of the IFIP Network Conference, USA. 2013. p.1–9.
- Nabeel M, Shang N, Bertino E. Efficient privacy preserving content based publish subscribe systems. Proceedings of the 17th Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) Symposium on Access Control Models and Technologies (SACMAT), USA. 2012 Jun 20–22. p.133–44. Crossref
- Lauinger T, Laoutaris N, Rodriguez P, Strufe T, Biersack E, Kirda E. Privacy risks in named data networking: What is the cost of performance? Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review. 2012 Oct; 42(5):54–7. Crossref
- Jacobson V, Smetters KD, Thornton DJ, Plass M, Briggs N, Braynard R. Communications of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM). 2012 Jan; 55(1):117–124. Crossref
- Arianfar S, Koponen T, Raghavan B, Shenker S. On preserving privacy in content-oriented networks. In the Proceedings of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) SIGCOMM workshop on Information-Centric Networking (ICN), Canada. 2011 Aug 19. p. 19–24. Crossref
- NDN Packet Format Specification 0.2-2 documentation [Internet]. 2014 [cited 2014 Aug 5]. Available from: Crossref
- NFD - Named data Networking Forwarding Daemon 0.5.1-58-g77911cc documentation [Internet]. 2014 [cited 2014 Aug 20]. Available from: Crossref
- ndnSIM documentation [Internet]. 2014 [cited 2014 Sep 13]. Available from: Crossref
- Cicn [Internet]. 2015 [cited 2015 Jan 19]. Available from: Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.