Total views : 334
A Control Methodology of Bidirectional Converter for Grid Connected Systems
Objectives This paper proposes a control methodology of bidirectional Converter for grid connected systems. Methods/ Statistical Analysis: The bidirectional converter is used for converting the DC-AC power by using decoupled current control strategy in stationary reference frame. The simulations of the proposed system are carried out in PSIM software. An experimental prototype of Bidirectional converter has been built in the laboratory. A TMS320F28335 digital signal processor (DSP) is used for generating the control pulses for the Converter. Findings: The control of grid converter along with battery backup would provide support to the grid. Thus the proposed control strategy could independently control active and reactive power and also able to avoid grid failures. Application/Improvements: Reduction of operating switching frequency, improved dynamics as well as robustness against grid impedance variation are some of the improvements of proposed system.
Battery, Bidirectional Converter, DSP, Grid, PSIM.
- Teodorescu R, Liserre M, Rodriguez P. Grid converters for photovoltaic and wind power systems. Wiley IEEE Press; 2011.
- Teodorescu R, Blaabjerg F, Liserre M, Loh PC. Proportional resonant controllers and filters for grid-connected voltage-source converters. IEEE Proceedings on Electric Power Applications. 2006 Sep; 153(5):750–62.
- Bavitra K, Sinthuja S, Manoharan N, Rajesh S. The high efficiency renewable PV inverter topology. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(14):1–6.
- Iov F, Blaabjerg F. Power electronics for renewable energy systems. Proceedings of International Conference on Power Engineering. Energy and Electrical Drives POWERENG; 2009. p. 9–12.
- Sato Y, Ishizuka T, Nezu K, Kataoka T. A new control strategy for voltage type PWM rectifiers to realize zero steady-state control error in input current. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Applications. 1998 Jun; 34(3):480–6.
- Trintis L, Nielsen SM, Teodorescu R. Single stage grid converters for battery energy storage. Proceedings of 5th International Conference on Power Electronics, Machines and Drives, UK; 2010 Apr. p. 1–6.
- Pradeep M, Kumar MS, Sathiskumar S, Raja SH. Interleave isolated boost converter as a front end converter for solar/fuel cell application to attain maximum voltage in MATLAB. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(16):1–5.
- Trintis L, Nielsen SM, Teodorescu R. Cascaded H-bridge with bidirectional boost converters for energy storage. Proceedings of 14th European Conference on Power Electronics and Applications, Birmingham, UK; 2011 Aug–Sep. p. 1–9.
- Prakash J, Sahoo SM, Sugavanam KR. Design of coordinated control scheme for hybrid resonant boost converter and multi level inverter. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(11):1–11.
- Zmood DN, Holmes DG, Bode GH. Frequency-domain analysis of three phase linear current regulators. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Applications. 2001 Apr; 37(2):601–10.
- Babu PS, Ganesh C, Subbaiah PV. Improved droop control strategy for grid-connected inverters. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(18):1–7.
- Roiu D, Bojoi RI, Limongi LR, Tenconi A. New stationary frame control scheme for three-phase PWM rectifiers under unbalanced voltage dip conditions. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Applications. 2010 Jan; 46(1):268–77.
- Timbus A, Teodorescu R, Blaabjerg F, Liserre M. Synchronization methods for three phase distributed power generation systems - An overview and evaluation. Proceedings of 36th Power Electronics Specialists Conferencce, PESC, Recife; 2005 Jun. p. 2474–81.
- Ohnishi T. Three phase PWM converter/inverter by means of instantaneous active and reactive power control. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Industrial Electronics, Control and Automation IECON, KOBE; 1991 Oct–Nov; 1:819–24.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.