Total views : 214
Optimized Application Level Checkpoint Based Load Sharing Model for Heterogeneous Mobile Grid Computing
Objectives: Recent technical advances have fueled the popularity of mobile grid computing. Mobile devices such as cellular phones and PDAs are becoming more common due to the diminution in their size and increase of computational power. In addition, wireless networks are also beginning to fill the environment. With these advances, mobile devices are becoming available to act as service providers in Grid. But the mobile environment presents a number of challenges. Analysis: The range of mobile execution platforms now available which introduces the problem of heterogeneity. Heavy weight checkpoints also provide hindrance to achieve this integration. At present, Grid Computing standards, neither state any load sharing architecture and model that integrates mobile devices in Grid computing nor does it provide any policy that hides heterogeneity and overcome memory limitations of mobile devices thus it is still an open research problem. Findings: Mobile Grid computing solutions must be developed that are lightweight, independent of specific platform and a load sharing model for mobile grid computing that distributes computational tasks on heterogeneous mobile devices. Our simulation results show the effectiveness of data optimization techniques for mobile devices, interoperability and proxy performance in heterogeneous mobile environment. Novelty: We propose a novel layered architecture that adjusts the data size of checkpoints at the minimum possible level and a load sharing Mobile Proxy algorithm.
Broker, Checkpointing, Control Flow Graph, Data Liveliness, Heterogeneity, Interoperability, Proxy, Web Service
- Antonio P.J, Balaji P. A data-oriented profiler to assist in data partitioning and distribution for heterogeneous memory in HPC, Parallel Computing. 2016 Jan; 51:46−55. Crossref.
- Greg B. Application-level checkpointing for shared memory programs, ACM SIGARCH Computer Architecture News. 2004 Dec; 32(5):235−47. Crossref.
- Nuria L. Resilient MPI applications using an applicationlevel checkpointing framework and ULFM, The Journal of Supercomputing. 2016 Jan; p. 1−14.
- Iván C. Achieving checkpointing global consistency through a hybrid compile time and runtime protocol, Procedia Computer Science. 2013 Dec; 18:169−78. Crossref.
- The Physiology of the Grid. Data accessed: 02.07.2016.
- Yunfei D, Tang Y, Xie X. A new parallel re-computing code design methodology for fast failure recovery, Computers and Electrical Engineering. 2013 May; 39(4):1095−13.Crossref.
- Righi D.A, Rodrigo. Observing the impact of multiple metrics and runtime adaptations on BSP process rescheduling, Parallel Processing Letters. 2010 June; 20(02):123−44.Crossref.
- Vazhkudai, Sudharshan S. Constructing collaborative desktop storage caches for large scientific datasets, ACM Transactions on Storage (TOS). 2006 Aug; 2(3):221−54. Crossref.
- Bastian S, Brauer J, Kowalewski S. Application of static analysis for state-space reduction to the microcontroller binary code, Science of Computer Programming. 2011 Feb;76(2):100−18. Crossref.
- Dieter F, Bussler C. The web service modeling framework WSMF, Electronic Commerce Research and Applications.2002; 1(2):113−37. Crossref.
- Peter M.A. Data publication with the structural biology data grid supports live analysis, Nature Communications.2016.
- Gang Z. Large-scale, high-resolution agricultural systems modeling using a hybrid approach combining grid computing and parallel processing, Environmental Modelling and Software. 2013 Mar; 41:231−38. Crossref.
- Toma, Ioan. Discovery in grid and web services environments: A survey and evaluation, Multiagent and Grid Systems. 2007 Aug; 3(3):341−52. Crossref.
- Baldwin, Douglas, Sayward F. Heuristics for determining equivalence of program mutations. Georgia Institute of Technology School of Information and Computer Science, 1979.
- Pu liu. Mobile code enabled web and grid services, Publication Company ProQuest, 2006.
- Kaur, Shubhinder, Kaur G. Weight based task assignment model to tolerate faults in heterogeneous distributed systems, International Journal of Computer Applications.2015 Sep; 125(9):25−28. Crossref.
- Fakhir, Ilyas. Concurrency in intuitionistic linear-time μ-calculus: a case study of manufacturing system, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(6):1−7. Crossref.
- Rathore, Neeraj, Chana I. Load balancing and job migration techniques in grid: A survey of recent trends, Wireless Personal Communications. 2014 Dec; 79(3):2089−125. Crossref.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.