Total views : 121
Optimized Open Shortest Path First Algorithm Based On Moth Flame Optimization
Objectives: This paper optimizes the performance of Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) algorithm by using moth flame optimization, even in the presence of attacker node. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The OSPF algorithm is the most used and efficient algorithm to select the shortest path between the source and destination. This paper modifies the OSPF by using the moth-flame optimization algorithm. The moth flame optimization depicts the routing behavior of the moth. Each node position is considered as the moth position and routing behavior of moth is used to select the optimized path. Findings: The performance of the optimized OSPF algorithm is analyzed in terms of delay and energy consumption and compared with the existing OSPF as well as modified open shortest path first algorithm. The simulation results show the reduction in delay and energy consumptionin the optimized OSPF as compared to traditional and modified OSPF on different scenarios even in the presence of attacker node. Application/Improvements: The optimized OSPF can be used forrouting even in huge networks with heterogeneous nodes. The Optimized OSPF can also be used for secure routing, data will be travelled from source to destination even if shortest path contains attacker node.
Delay, Moth-flame, Optimization, OSPF, Routing.
- Ravikumar CV, Srikanth YM, Sairam P, Sundeep M, Bagadi KP, Annepu V. Performance analysis of HSRP in provisioning layer-3 gateway redundancy for corporate networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(20):1–5.
- Krishnan YN, Shobha G. Performance analysis of OSPF and EIGRP routing protocols for greener internetworking. IEEE International Conferenceon Green High Performance Computing (ICGHPC); 2013 Mar. p. 1–4.
- Bahattab AA. A Comparative analysis of TCP/IP and ROACM protocols–A simulation study. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jul; 9(28):1–9.
- Ming-Hao W. The security analysis and attacks detection of OSPF routing protocol. 7th International Conferenceon Intelligent Computation Technology and Automation (ICICTA); 2014 Oct. p. 836–9.
- Mandekar AV, Chandramouli K. Centralization of network using openflow protocol. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jan; 8(2):165–70.
- Eadala SY, Nagarajan V. A review on deployment architectures of path computation element using software defined networking paradigm. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(10):1–10.
- Lee U, Midkiff SF, Lin T. OSPF-MCDS-MC: A routing protocol for multi-channel wireless ad-hoc networks. 3rd IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference.2006 Jan; 1:426–30.
- Alkandari A, Alshaikhli IF, Yousef MA. An anatomy of IGP and BGP routing protocols. Advanced Computer Science Applications and Technologies (ACSAT); 2012 Nov. p.279–83.
- Goyal M, Soperi M, Baccelli E, Choudhury G, Shaikh A, Hosseini H, Trivedi K. Improving convergence speed and scalability in OSPF: A survey. IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials. 2012 Apr; 14(2):443–63.
- Wang B, Zhang JH, Guo YF, Zhou J. A study of fast network self-healing mechanism for distance vector routing protocol. International Conference on Multimedia Information Networking and Security. 2009 Nov; 2:413–16.
- Kato T, Ueno S, Mukaiyama S, Suzuki K. Making QoS aware multicast scalable in terms of link state advertisement. Ninth International Conferenceon Network Protocols; 2001 Nov.p. 91–9.
- Clausen T, Baccelli E, Jacquet P. Ospf-style database exchange and reliable synchronization in the optimized link-state routing protocol. IEEE SECONSensor and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks; 2004 Oct. p. 227–34.
- Zhao M, Zhu H, Li VO, Ma Z. A stability-based link state updating mechanism for QoS routing. IEEE International Conference on Communications, ICC. 2005 May; 1:33–7.
- Choi Y, Kang D, Bahk S. Improvement of AODV routing protocol through dynamic route change using hello message. International Conference on Information and Communication Technology Convergence (ICTC); 2014 Oct. p. 117–21.
- Xiao X, Ni L. Reducing routing table computation cost in OSPF. Internet Workshop; 1999. p. 119–25.
- Lan L, Li L, Jianya C. A multipath routing algorithm based on OSPF routing protocol. Eighth International ConferenceSemantics, Knowledge and Grids (SKG); 2012 Oct. p. 269–72.
- Kari H, Moghadam HY, Monsefi R. Design and simulation of OSPF routing protocol fuzzy model by two costraint: Bandwidth and queue size of router. 2010 5th International Symposium on Telecommunications (IST);2010 Dec. p.249–54.
- Eramo V, Listanti M, Cianfrani A. Design and evaluation of a new multi-path incremental routing algorithm on software routers. IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management. 2008 Dec; 5(4):188–203.
- Jiang X, Xu M, Li Q, Pan L. Improving IGP convergence through distributed OSPF in scalable router. 11th IEEE International ConferenceHigh Performance Computing and Communications; 2009 Jun. p. 438–43.
- Kang J, Mariusz AF, Samtani S. ALE: Adaptive Link Establishment in OSPF wireless ad-hoc networks. Military Communications Conference, 2010-MILCOM; 2010 Oct.p. 983–8.
- Haider M, Soperi MZ, Bakar KA. Comparison of intelligent schemes for scheduling OSPF routing table calculation. 11th International Conferenceon Hybrid Intelligent Systems (HIS); 2011 Dec. p. 145–50.
- Iqbal A, Khan SL. Performance evaluation of real time applications for RIP, OSPF and EIGRP for flapping links using OPNET Modeler. International Journal of Computer Networks and Communications Security. 2015 Jan; 3(1):16–26.
- Mirjalili S. Moth-flame optimization algorithm: A novel nature-inspired heuristic paradigm. Knowledge-Based Systems. 2015 Nov; 89:228–49.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.