Total views : 243
Optimized Phase Noise Compensation Technique using Neural Network
Objectives: The paper designs a technique to optimize the phase noise compensation in the multiple inputs multiple output orthogonal frequency division multiplexing by using the neural network. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The phase noise compensation in the orthogonal frequency division multiplexing consists of two parts, one is the inter-carrier interference and other is the common phase error. This paper represents a neural network and Jaya algorithm based technique for the estimation of phase noise. The neural network has been used to remove the common phase error while inter-carrier interference has been removed by the Jaya algorithm. Findings: The proposed technique has been compared with three states of art techniques on different block size by using bit error rate. The reduced bit error rate can be identified for each block size. The effectiveness of the technique can be recognized by analyzing the results. Application/Improvements: The proposed technique can be used to facilitate the high data rate with better QoS during transmission.
Artificial Neural Network, Bit Error Rate, Back Propagation, OFDM, Phase Noise Compensation.
- Manikandan C, Neelamegam P, Divya E. OFDM techniques for MIMO-OFDM system: A review. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(22):1-4. https://doi.org/10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i22/79103
- Mohammad SP, Gopal K. Hybrid technique for BER and PAPR analysis of OFDM systems. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(15):1-5.
- Stuber GL, Barry JR, Mclaughlin SW, Li Y, Ingram MA, Pratt TG. Broadband MIMO-OFDM wireless communications. Proceedings of the IEEE. 2004 Feb; 92(2):271-94. https://doi.org/10.1109/JPROC.2003.821912
- Ryu HG, Li Y, Park JS. An improved ICI reduction method in OFDM communication system. IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting. 2005 Sep; 51(3):395-400. https://doi.org/10.1109/TBC.2005.851091
- Armstrong J. OFDM for optical communications. Journal of Light Wave Technology. 2009 Feb; 27(3):189-204. https:// doi.org/10.1109/JLT.2008.2010061
- Jaya T, Gopinathan E, Rajendran V. Comparison of BER performance of various adaptive modulation schemes in OFDM systems. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Oct; 9(40):1-7. https://doi.org/10.17485/ijst/2016/ v9i40/99588
- Bittner S, Rave W, Fettweis G. Phase noise suppression in OFDM with spatial multiplexing. IEEE 65th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC2007); 2007. p. 1826-30. https://doi.org/10.1109/vetecs.2007.379
- Zou Q, Tarighat A, Khajehnouri N, Sayed AH. A phase noise compensation scheme for OFDM wireless systems. 14th European Signal Processing Conference; 2006. p. 1-5.
- Bogana S. Compensation of IQ-Imbalance and Phase Noise in MIMO-OFDM Systems. 2012 Sep. p. 1-10.
- Raja NB, Gangatharan N. A new low complexity DHT based weighted OFDM transmission for peak power reduction. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(17):1-4.
- Zou Q, Tarighat A, Sayed AH. Compensation of phase noise in OFDM wireless systems. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing. 2007 Nov; 55(11):5407-24 https://doi.org/10.1109/TSP.2007.899583
- Dardari D, Tralli V. Analytical evaluation of total degradation in OFDM systems with TWTA or SSPA. IEICE Transactions on Communications. 2002 Apr; 85(4):845-8.
- Tubbax J, Come B, Van der Perre L, Donnay S, Engels M, De Man H, Moonen M. Compensation of IQ imbalance and phase noise in OFDM systems. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. 2005 May; 4(3):872-7. https:// doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2004.843057
- Petrovic D, Rave W, Fettweis G. Effects of phase noise on OFDM systems with and without PLL: Characterization and compensation. IEEE Transactions on Communications. 2007 Aug; 55(8):1607-16. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOMM.2007.902593
- Zhang Y, Liu H. MIMO-OFDM systems in the presence of phase noise and doubly selective fading. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. 2007 Jul; 56(4):2277-85. https:// doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2007.897236
- Rabiei P, Namgoong W, Al-Dhahir N. Reduced-complexity joint baseband compensation of phase noise and I/Q imbalance for MIMO-OFDM systems. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. 2010 Nov; 9(11):3450-60. https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2010.100110.091507
- Madani MH, Abdipour A, Mohammadi A. Analytical performance evaluation of the OFDM systems in the presence of jointly fifth order nonlinearity and phase noise. Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing. 2011 Jan; 66(1):103-15. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10470-010-9492-6
- Knievel C, Hoeher PA. On particle swarm optimization for MIMO channel estimation. Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering. 2012 Jan; 2012(9):1-4. https://doi.org/10.1155/2012/614384
- Dagres I, Polydoros A, Nikitopoulos K. Robust phase noise compensation in OFDM via a dual-model approach. IEEE 10th International Symposium on Spread Spectrum Techniques and Applications; 2008 Aug. p. 458-63. https:// doi.org/10.1109/isssta.2008.91
- Hou WS, Chen BS. ICI cancellation for OFDM communication systems in time-varying multipath fading channels. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. 2005 Sep; 4(5):2100-10. https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2005.853837
- Zhong K, Lei X, Li S. Wiener filter preprocessing for OFDM systems in the presence of both non-stationary and stationary phase noises. EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing. 2013 Dec; 2013(1):1-9. https://doi.org/10.1186/1687-6180-2013-7
- Tsonev D, Sinanovic S, Haas H. Complete modeling of nonlinear distortion in OFDM-based optical wireless communication. Journal of Light-wave Technology. 2013 Sep; 31(18):3064-76. https://doi.org/10.1109/JLT.2013.2278675
- Deb K, Pratap A, Agarwal S, Meyarivan TA. A fast and elitist multi-objective genetic algorithm: NSGA-II. IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation. 2002 Apr; 6(2):182-97. https://doi.org/10.1109/4235.996017
- Kennedy J. Particle swarm optimization. Encyclopedia of Machine Learning. 2011. p. 760-6.
- Rai SO, Mishra SK, Dubey MU. Teacher learning based optimization of assignment model. International Journal of Mechanical Production Eng Res Dev. 2013 Dec; 3(5):61-72.
- Rao R, Jaya. A simple and new optimization algorithm for solving constrained and unconstrained optimization problems. International Journal of Industrial Engineering Computations. 2016; 7(1):19-34.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.