Total views : 144
A Study on Captivated Capacity of Noise Due to the Designed Models and Damping Materials
Noise is generated virtually by all processes. It is identified as an important pollutant. It causes discomfort to human beings and affects society too. This aspect has attracted many researchers to carry noise based research in urban environments. This paper attempts to establish data of various noise sources in Bangalore city, India. The study investigates various models and materials which exhibits absorption properties. The aim is to identify the best model and material which can help develop a good noise solution. Sustainable materials are also being used. Experiments are conducted using simulated noise conditions and on live engineering process. Materials exhibited varying damping properties with respect to ambient parameters. The experiments witnessed utilization of sound level meters and also 4 channel noise analyzer (4CNA). Noise data gathered are analyzed through tabulated results and meaningful graphs. Scientific analyses are made on the noise absorption properties of materials. The findings will augment engineering solutions for household and industries. Furthermore the study addresses the analyses of the stress levels of human beings due to various inputs.
Ambient Noise, Barriers, Damping Materials, 4CNA, SL4010
- Alejandro Dintrans, Margarita Prendez. Santiago, Chile: Universidad de Chile, Applied Acoustics: A method of assessing measures to reduce road traffic noise: A case Study. 2013; 74:1486-91. Available from: Crossref.
- Anurag V Tiwari, Prashant A Kadu, Ashish R Mishra.Study of noise pollution due to railway and vehicular traffic at level crossing and its remedial measures. AJER. 2013; 2(4):16-19. e-ISSN: 2320-0847 p-ISSN: 2320-0936.
- ASHRAE, ASHRAE Handbook: HVAC Applications.Atlanta: American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers. 1999.
- Blazier W. Fairfax: AIHA Press: Room noise criteria, in Noise Manual, 5th ed. 2000.
- Blazier W. Room noise criteria (update), Council for Accreditation on Occupational Hearing Conservation (CAOHC). 2002; 14.
- Atmaca E, Peker I, Altin A. Industrial Noise and Its Effects on Humans» Polish Journal of Environmental Studies.2005; 14(6):721-6.
- Ehsan Lotfi. An Adaptive Fuzzy Filter for Gaussian Noise Reduction using Image Histogram Estimation. 2013; 1(4).ISSN 2166-2916.
- Alam JB, Jobair Bin Alam M. et al. Study On Traffic Noise Level Of Sylhet By Multiple Regression Analysis Associated With Health Hazards. Journal of Environmental Health Science Engineering. 2006; 3(2):71-8.
- Li B, Tao S, Dawson RW, Cao J, Lam K. A GIS based road traffic noise prediction model. Applied Acoustics. 2002; 63:679-91. Available from: Crossref.
- Narendra Singh and Davar SC. Noise Pollution-Sources, Effects and Control. Journal of Human Ecology. 2004; 16(3):181-7.
- Romain Serizela,n, Marc Moonen, Jan Wouters, Soren Holdt Jensen. A speech distortion weighting based approach to integrated active noise control and noise reduction in hearing aids. Applied Acoustics. 2013; 74:467-77. Available from: Crossref.
- Jafari S, Hashemi Golpayegani SMR, Jafari AH. Tehran, Iran: A novel noise reduction method based on geometrical properties of continuous chaotic signals.
- Waseem S, Ashraf Safia Khanam A and Ayaz Ahmad.Impact of Indoor Noise Pollution on Inhabitants of Aligarh City, India. African Journal of Social Sciences. 2012; 2(1):25-37.
- Subramani T, Kavitha M, Sivaraj KP. Modelling of Traffic Noise Pollution. International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications. 2012; 2(3):3175-82.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.