Total views : 134
A Hierarchical Approach to Home Energy Management Systems
Objectives: This paper depicts an execution strategy of HEMS (Home Energy Management System) in light of Wi-Fi and RF Communication. Methods/Statistical Analysis: This paper presents architecture of HEMS keeping in view the Smart City infrastructure. Through proposed HEMS the user can remotely control their home appliances using an Android App. This system also has features for scheduled controlling of devices. The user can set the device to turn ON and OFF at specified times. Findings: The proposed system is of less-cost, robust in operation while providing an easy to use interface for saving energy. The system is found to be reliable in tests conducted and upgradability provision allows for its adaptation for the control of any number of home appliances. Application/Improvements: The current system can be improved by incorporating more appliances and providing more information such as power consumption etc. to the end user.
Home Energy Management System (HEMS), Scheduled control, Smart Cities, Wi-Fi.
- Chang AY, Huang HC, Tsai DR. Development of practical smart house scenario control system. Przeglad Elektrotechniczny. 2013; R. 89, nr 1b:159–61.
- Jo HC, Kim S, Joo SK. Smart heating and air conditioning scheduling method incorporating customer convenience for home energy management system. IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics. May 2013; 59:316–22.
- Han J, Choi CS, Lee I. More efficient home energy management system based on Zig-Bee communication and infrared remote controls. IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics.2011; 57:85–9.
- Sandeep P, Punit G, Mayank K, Goyal A. Low cost hardware design of a web server for home automation systems. Conference on Advances in Communication and Control Systems (CAC2S); 2013 Jan.
- Fawzi MA, Ramzy SA, Ahmed JA. Smart home energy management design based on power line communication. 2012
- Saher U, Mineo K, Yasuo T, Azman OL. System design and analysis for maximum consuming power control in smart house. Journal of Automation and Control Engineering. 2014 Mar; 2(1):43–8.
- Velin K, David T. Advanced metering and demand response communication performance in Zig-Bee based HANs. IEEE INFOCOM Workshop on Communications and Control for Smart Energy Systems; 2013. p. 31–6.
- Mico D , Vedran P , Marko Đ , Ajdin H. Machine-to-machine communication as key enabler in smart metering systems. 36th International Convention on Information and Communication Technology Electronics and Microelectronics (MIPRO); 2013. p. 409–14.
- Saha A, Kuzlu M, Pipattanasomporn M. Demonstration of a home energy management system with smart thermostat control. Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT) Conference; 2013. p. 1–8.
- Belim N, Bhambure H, Kumbhar P, Tuteja S. Automate and secure your home using Zig-Bee Technology. International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering. 2013. Mar; 1(1):63–6.
- Chen MT, Lin CM. Development of a smart home energy saving system combining multiple smart devices. IEEE International Conference on Consumer Electronics-Taiwan (ICCE-TW); 2016. p. 1–2.
- Amjad AM, Hassan M, Ashkan RK. Optimal smart home energy management considering energy saving and a comfortable lifestyle. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid. 2015; 6:324–32.
- Chen Z, Shufeng D, Furong L, Yonghua S. Optimal home energy management system with mixed types of loads. CSEE Journal of Power and Energy Systems. 2015 Dec; 1:29–37.
- Yanyu Z, Peng Z, Shuhui L, Chuanzhi Z, Hepeng L. A novel multiobjective optimization algorithm for home energy management system in smart grid. Math Probl Eng. 2015; 2015:807527.
- Wu Z, Zhang XP, Brandt J, Zhou SY, Li JN. Three control approaches for optimized energy flow with home energy management system. IEEE Power and Energy Technology Systems Journal. 2015 Mar; 2(1):21–31.
- Bian D, Kuzlu M, Pipattanasomporn M, Rahman S. Assessment of communication technologies for a home energy management system. Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference (ISGT); 2014. p. 1–5.
- Duong TN, Long BL. Joint optimization of electric vehicle and home energy scheduling considering user comfort preference. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid. 2014; 5:188–99.
- Phani C, Peng Y, Arye N. A distributed algorithm of appliance scheduling for home energy management system. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid. 2014, Jan; 5:282–90.
- Adika CO, Lingfeng W. Autonomous appliance scheduling for household energy management. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid. 2014 Mar; 5:673–82.
- Qinran H, Fangxing L. Hardware design of smart home energy management system with dynamic price response. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid. 2013, Dec; 4:1878–87.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.