Total views : 73
A Mobile App. UI/UX Design for the Gas Safety Workers
Objectives: There is always the possibility of accidents at gas work site. Therefore, we studied mobile app design forsafety of gas workers. Methods/Statistical Analysis: In this paper, we used literature investigation and analysis, expert interview, social indirect data collection. 1. Analyze the characteristics of gas field operations, workers, work site and extract need analysis of them 2. Investigate working process and incidents that can take place at the field operations 3. List the assumptions to design the mobile App. 4. Survey on preferred images in relation to gas work 5. Finalize the App. design. Findings: These are the demands for mobile App. 1. A clear arrangement of contents, 2. A design with high readability,3. A design with low death, 4. A securing of user’s accessibility, 5. An effective information transmission plan in the work section where it is impossible to operate the mobile device, 6. An activation of alarm function at the section of high working error, 7. A fast two-way transmission and receipt of safety inspection matter needed at work, 8. A selection of images and contents that can guide the situation to the worker in case of accident, 9. An alarm function for the degree of danger in an area of worker’s location. Based on these, a basic design of safety application for gas related work has been proposed, that can secure the user accessibility. And we design the new display what is focused on icons of high readability in order to move the main system to the mobile screen. Improvements/Applications: 1. Sections where frequent operational errors occur must be identified. 2. It is necessary to explore various interactive devices that can sync with the mobile App.
Gas Safety Worker, Gas Work Image Preference, Icon Design, Mobile App., UI/ UX.
- Holland JL. Making vocational choices: A theory of vocational personalities and work environments. 1st edition.Odessa: Los Angeles; 1997.
- Kim HY. Working environment and risk assessment of Biphenyl in Workplace. Journal of the Korean Institute for Gas. 2014; 18(2). p. 55-61.
- Afzainizam N, Embong AM, Yaacob RAIR, Sabina NAA, Ashgaftaki AA, Elsayed MM. Job stress among offshore personnel in oil and gas extraction industries. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(9). p. 1-6.
- KGS. Accident casebook of high-pressure gas, 2013 Annual gas accident, gas professional practitioners’ accident casebook. KGS: Seoul; 2013.
- Kim BS, Seo HK, Nam JS. Korea occupational safety health practice. Hyuong Sul: DaeGu, 200.
- Gyun SK, Bum Su K, Jae Mo Y, Sang Jun P. Korean gas association. KGS: Seoul; 2014.
- Yoon IK, Ha JM, Oh SK. Qualitative human error assessment for gas facility. The Korean Institute for Gas Conference Proceedings.1998; 1(9). p. 55-64.
- Banga C, Weinhold J. Essential Mobile Interaction design: Perfecting interface design in mobile apps. 1 edition. Boston: Addison-Wesley Professional; 2014.
- Hick WE. On the rate of gain of information. Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology. 1952; 4:11-26.
- Cho HH. The effects of perceived characteristics of smart phone upon psychological attitude -study with focus on sense of security and sense of dependence. Journal of Digital Convergence. 2012; 10(9):175-84.
- Fitts PM. The information capacity of the human motor system in controlling the amplitude of movement. Journal of Experimental Psychology. 1954; 47(6):381-91.
- Ho SJ, Hee JY. Mobile application design project. Information Publishing Group: Seoul; 2011.
- Kang SG, Kim BS, Yang JM, Park SJ. A study on human error analysis and method for city gas accident. Korean Gas Association. 2014. p. 334-40.
- Djamasbi S, Tullis T. Gender preferences in web design: usability testing through eye tracking. AMCIS. 2007; 8:1-8.
- Korea Safety and Health Agency. Work Safety Guide. 1-6.Korea Safety and Health Agency and SK Innovation; 2013.
- Hong SR, Shin IY. The application of multimedia and wireless technology in education. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(20):1-11.
- Choi JA. Display method of a large amount of data on mobile devices. Korean HCI Conference Proceedings. 2010; 2010(1):67-70.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.