Total views : 232
A Comparative Study of Testing Semantic Web Services
Since the web services cause time and cost reduction, these mechanisms generate the ability of reusability. Appending semantics to Web Service Description Language (WSDL), we achieve automatic tests for web services. Therefore, automated test is required to test web services is created by adding semantics to Web Service Description Language (WSDL). We verify a review and conduct test selection techniques. This paper reviews and compares different methods of testing such as Pair- Wise Test (PWT), Orthogonal Array Test (OAT) and General Test (GT). Pair-wise testing approach is a software technique that generates variants of test including all combination of input variables. For example, the selection of regression test has a trade-off between restarting time cost and lessening the faults through the implementation of software changes. Plenty of research goals are achieved to acceptable cost for regression test5, e.g. selecting regression test for application, selecting regression test-based on code changes and specification.
Orthogonal Array, Pair-Wise, Semantic Web, Test.
- Askarunisa A, Abirami AM, Madhan Mohan S. A test case reduction method for semantic based web services. 2010 Second International Conference on computing, communication and Networking Technologies; Karur, India. 2010.p. 1–7.
- Shaban M, Dobbie G, Sun J. A framework for testing semantic web services using model checking. Proceedings of the 2009 Fourth South_East European Workshop on Formal Methods, SEEFM’09, IEEE Computer Society; Washington DC, USA. 2009. p. 17–24.
- Chaturvedi A, Gupta A. A tool supported approach to perform efficient regression testing of web services. 2013 7th IEEE International Symposium on the Maintenance and Evolution of Service-Oriented and Cloud-Based Systems (MESOCA); 2013.
- Ballance WA, Vilkomir S, Jenkins W. Effectiveness of pairwise testing for software with Boolean Inputs. 2012 IEEE Fifth International Conference on software Testing, Verification and Validation; 2012.
- Tahir A, Tosi D, Morase S. A systematic review on the functional testing of semantic web services. The Journal of Systematic and Software. 2013 Nov; 86(11):2877–89.
- Saboohi H, Kareem SA. A resemblance study of test collection for world-altering semantic web services. Proceedings of the International MultiConference of Engineers and Computer Scientists IMECS; 2011 Mar.
- Tian D, Wen J, Ma N, Wei H. A test-driven web application model based on layered approach. 2010 IEEE International Conference on Information Theory and Information Security (ICITIS); 2010.
- Engstrom E, Runeson P, Skoglund M. A systematic review on regression test selection techniques. Information and Software Technology. 2010; 52(1):14–30.
- Ma CWV, Zhang T, Hu F. Web services testing based on stream x_machine_up. Proceedings of the 2010 10th International Conference on Quality Software, QSIC’10, IEEE Computer Society; Washington, DC, USA. 2010. p. 232–9.
- Bai X, Lee S, Tsai WT, Chen Y. Ontology-based test modeling and partition testing of web services. IEEE International Conference on Web Services, ICWS ‘08; 2008 Sep.
- Timm JTE, Gannod GC. Specifying semantic web service compositions using UML and OCL. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Web Services; 2007. p.521–8.
- Popovic S, Lazic L. Orthogonal array and virtualization as a method for configuration testing improvement. First IEEE Eastern European Conference on the Engineering of Computer Based Systems; 2009.
- Chen TY, Kuo F, Merkel RJ. On the statistical properties of testing effectiveness measures. Journal of Systems and Software. 2006 May; 79(5):591–601. DOI: 10.1016/j.jss.2005.05.029.
- Chen TY, Leung H, Mak I. Adaptive random testing. Advances in Computer Science (ASIAN 2004), LNCS. 2005; 3321:320–9. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-540-30502-6_23.
- Black R. Pragmatic software testing: Becoming an effective and efficient test professional. New York: Wiley; 2007. p.240. ISBN 978-0-470-12790-2.
- Harrell JM. Orthogonal Array Testing Strategy (OATS) Technique. Seilevel, Inc.
- Kuhn DR, Kacker RN, Lei Y. Practical Combinatorial Testing.IEEE Computer Society; 2010 Oct.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.