Total views : 31
Catenary Voltage Supply: Locomotive by using Active Line Side Converter
In traction networks, voltage drop in catenary line is a general problem being faced. By injection of capacitive reactive power to the current controlled active line-side converter losses can be reduced in locomotives. Then catenary voltage is compared with the reference value and the error is fed to PI controller. The controller generates a reference value of converter current which will lead to reactive power injection. The catenary parameters are identified by harmonic current injection. The performance of the proposed control strategy is evaluated in MATLAB- Simulink. The proposed method is applied to reduce the voltage drop in catenary line of locomotive and the optioned result are compared with those of the conventional method.
Building Integrated Photovoltaics, Li-Fi, V2V Communication, Visible Light Communication
- Busco B, Marino P, Porzio M, Schiavo R and Vasca F. Digital control and simulation to power electronic apparatus in dual voltage railway locomotive. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2003 Sep; 18(5):1146-57. Crossref.
- Chang GW, Hsin-Wei L and Shin-Kuan C. Modeling characteristics of harmonic currents generated by high-speedrailway traction drive converters. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. 2004 Apr; 19(2):766-73. Crossref.
- Chen SL, Li RJ and Pao-Hsiang H. Traction system unbalance problem-analysis methodologies. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. 2004 Oct; 19(4):1877-83. Crossref.
- Hung-Yuan K and Tsai-Hsiang C. Rigorous evaluation of the voltage unbalance due to high-speed railway demands.IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. 1998 Nov; 47(4):1385-9. Crossref.
- Sy-Ruen H and Bing-Nan C. Harmonic study of the le blanc transformer to Taiwan railway’s electrification system. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. 2002 Apr; 17(2):495-9.Crossref.
- Cheng-Ping H, Chi-Jui W, Yung-Sung C, Shih-Kai P, JungLiang Y and Ming-Hong H. Loading characteristics analysis of specially connected transformers using various power factor definitions. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery.2006 Jul; 21(3):1406-13.
- Otto RA, Putman TH and Gyugyi L. Principles and applications of static, thyristor-controlled shunt compensators.IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems. 1978 Sep; PAS-97(5):1935-45. Crossref.
- Li X and Zuo L. Research on balance compensation of statcom.Proceedings of 2nd IEEE Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications. 2007; p. 563-8.
- Senini S and Wolfs PJ. Hybrid active filter to harmonically unbalanced three phase three wire railway traction loads. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2000 Jul; 15(4):702-10. Crossref.
- Cecati C, DellAquila A and Monopoli VG. Design of h-bridge multi level active rectifier to traction systems.IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications. 2003 Sep/Oct; 39(5):1541-50. Crossref.
- Fujita H. A single-phase active filter using an h-bridge PWM converter with a sampling frequency quadruple of the switching frequency. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2008 Apr; 24(4):934-41. Crossref.
- Tanaka T, Hiraki E, Ueda K, Sato K and Fukuma S. A novel detection method of active and reactive currents in singlephase circuits using the correlation and cross-correlation coefficients and its applications. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. 2007 Oct; 22(4):2450-6. Crossref.
- Sung-Yeul P, Chien-Liang C and Lai JSJ. A wide-range active and reactive power flow controller to a solid oxide fuel cell power conditioning system. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2008 Nov; 23(6):2703-9. Crossref.
- Nishida K, Rukonuzzman M and Nakaoka M. Advanced current control implementation with robust deadbeat algorithm to shunt single-phase voltage-source type active power filter. IEE Proceedings - Electric Power Applications.2004 May; 151(3):283-8. Crossref.
- Kunjumuhammed LP and Mishra MK. A control algorithm to single phase active power filter under non-stiff voltage source. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2006 May; 21(3):822-5. Crossref.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.