Total views : 99
Domestic Equipment Control using Raspberry Pi and GSM Module through Android Application
Objective: The main aim of the project is to control the home and the industrial equipment from a distant place by using the raspberry pi through android application and also through a web server. Methodology: Controlling of the equipment from a remote place is done through both android application and web server. Based on the type of equipment, different types of sensors are interfaced to raspberry pi. Each sensor senses the surroundings and gives the data to raspberry pi. Then processor displays the sensor data in web server and android application, based on which user will control the equipment. Findings/Improvements: In this system, the data is updated for every pulse and if the sensor exceeds the threshold value, automatically user receives the SMS using Global System for Mobile Communication GSM module. Then the user can login to either the application or web server and control the equipment. Application/Improvements: The main advantage of this project from the already existing work is that the application is logged out automatically and the user need not logged into the application continuously. Whenever the sensor exceeds the threshold value, user gets the alert message then only he need to login to the android application or web server and control the required equipment.
Android Application, GSM Modem, Raspberry Pi 2, Sensors, Wireless Communication
- Yunze Z. Intelligent control system for domestic appliances.
- Wireless Communications Networking and Mobile Computing (WiCOM). 2010 International Conference; 2010 Sep 6. Crossref
- Lee HB, Park LJ, Park SW, Chung TY, Moon JH. Interactive Remote Control of Legacy Home Appliances through a Virtually Wired Sensor Network. IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics. 2010; 56(4). Crossref
- Bian J, Fan D, Zhang J. The new intelligent home control System based on the dynamic and intelligent
- gateway. Broadband Network and Multimedia Technology (IC-BNMT). Proceedings of 2011 4th IEEE International Conference on BNMT; 2011. Crossref
- Ng WL, Ng CK, Noordin NK, Rokhani FZ, Ali BM. Home Appliances Controller using Wireless Controller Area Network (WCAN) System. International Conference on Computer and Communication Engineering (ICCCE); 2010; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. IEEE; 2010. Crossref
- Chen JY, Kuan JT, Wen FL, Lin SJ. A Remote Control System for Home Appliances using the Internet and Radio Connection. IEEE International Symposium on Computer Aided Control Systems Design; 2014 Sep; Taipi, Taiwan.IEEE; 2014 Sep.
- La HJ, Kim SD. A Service-based Approach to Developing Android Mobile Internet Device (MID) Applications.Service Oriented Computing and Applications (SOCA). IEEE International Conference; 2009. p. 1–7
- Baghyasree T, Janakiraman K, Parkavi D. Efficient Remote Video Monitoring for Industrial Environment Based on LPC2148 and GSM. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014; 7(9):1333–4.
- Morris ME, Adair B, Miller K, Ozanne E, Hansen R, Pearce AJ, Santamaria N, Viegas L, Long M, Said CM. Smart Home Technologies to Assist Older People to Live Well at Home. Journal of Aging Science. 2013; 1(1):1–9.
- Chen CY, Tsoul YP, Liao SC, Lin CT. Implementing the design of smart home and achieving energy conservation. 7th IEEE International Conference on Industrial Informatics (INDIN); 2009 Jun. p. 273–6. Crossre
- Download the Required Operating System [Internet]. Available from: Crossref
- Precision Centigrade Temperature Sensors [Internet]. [updated 2000 Nov]. Available from: Crossref
- Nhivekar GS, Mudholkar RR. Microcontroller Based IR Remote Control Signal Decoder for Home. Advances in Applied Sciences Research. 2011; 2(4):410–6.
- Nallani S, Hency VB. Low Power Cost Effective Automatic Irrigation System. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(23):1–6. Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.