Total views : 127
Punjabi Optical Character Recognition: A Survey
Objectives: A framework for character recognition is essential used to convert a digital image of character into machine coded format character. This fundamental trademark can be used to determine numerous real life applications. Methods/ Statistical Analysis: To classify hand-written documents, either offline or online, the recognition of character is tremendously influenced by variety of styles of same writer on various circumstances and even different writers. Distortion and noise included during digitization is additionally a noteworthy issue in recognition of character that influences the recognition/classification accuracy adversely. Findings: It has been get to know that recognition of hand-written Gurmukhi characters is an exceptionally troublesome task. There are enormous difficulties in handwritten character recognition because of various writing style of scholars. This paper presents various techniques presented by different researchers for Punjabi character recognition work. It has been also noticed that recognition accuracy depends upon volume of training dataset and testing dataset and may be improved by using various optimized feature selection techniques. Application/ Improvements: A lot of research papers have been surveyed and it is seen that work on different strategies have been attempted.
Classification, Document Analysis and Recognition, Feature Extraction, Optical Character Recognition.
- Joshi R, Agnihotri G. Recognition of Gurmukhi character style through Neural Networks. International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Applied Science. 2015; 1(9):435–9.
- Lehal GS, Singh C. A Complete OCR System for Gurmukhi Script. Proceedings of 10th Joint IAPR International Workshop on Structural, Syntactic, and Statistical Pattern Recognition; 2002. p. 358–67. Crossref
- Singh G, Mongia V. Recognition Of Punjabi Script Character And Number For Multiple Font. International Journal of Engineering And Computer Science; 2015. p. 14594–8.
- Kumar M, Jindal MK, Sharma RK. PCA Based Offline Handwritten Gurmukhi Character Recognition System.
- Smart Computing Review. 2013; 3(5):346–57. Crossref 5. Kumar M, Jindal MK, Sharma RK. MDP Feature Extraction Technique for Offline Handwritten Gurmukhi Character Recognition. Smart Computing Review. 2013; 3(6):397– 404. Crossref
- Kumar M, Sharma RK, Jindal MK. A Novel Feature Extraction Technique for Offline Handwritten Gurmukhi Character Recognition. IETE Journal of Research. 2013; 59(6):687–92. Crossref
- Kumar M, Jindal MK, Sharma RK. A Novel Hierarchical Techniques for Offline Handwritten Gurmukhi Character Recognition. National Academy Science Letters. 2014; 37(6):567–72. Crossref
- Singh B, Rani S. Punjabi character recognition using wavelet and curvlet techniques with SIFT algorithm. International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Research Technology. 2016; 5(6):833–7.
- Verma R, Kaur R. An Efficient Technique for Character Recognition using Neural Network & Surf Feature Extraction. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies. 2014; 5(2):1995–7.
- Kaur A, Malhotra S. Punjabi Handwritten Character Recognition Using Wavelet Based Features. International Journal of New Technologies in Science and Engineering. 2015; 2(4):217–26.
- Kumar M, Jindal MK, Sharma RK. Segmentation of Isolated and Touching Characters in Offline Handwritten Gurmukhi Script Recognition. International Journal of Information Technology and Computer Science. 2014; 6(2):58–63. Crossref
- Sharma RK, Singh A. Segmentation of Handwritten Text in Gurmukhi Script. International Journal of Image Processing. 2008; 2(3):12–7.
- Kumar M, Sharma RK, Jindal MK. SVM based Offline Handwritten Gurmukhi Character Recognition. Proceedings of International Workshop on Soft Computing Applications and Knowledge Discovery, National Research University Higher School of Economics, Moscow (Russia); 2011. p. 51–62.
- Kumar M, Jindal MK, Sharma RK. Offline Handwritten Gurmukhi Character Recognition: Study of different features and classifiers combinations. Proceedings of Workshop on Document Analysis and Recognition, IIT Bombay; 2012. p. 94–9.
- Sharma DV, Jhajj P. Recognition of isolated handwritten characters in Gurmukhi script. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2010; 4(8):9–17. Crossref
- Kumar M, Jindal MK, Sharma RK. k-Nearest Neighbor Based Offline Handwritten Gurmukhi Character Recognition. Proceedings of International Conference on Image Information Processing, Jaypee University of Information Technology, Waknaghat (Shimla); 2011. p. 1–4.
- Kumar R, Sharma RK, Sharma A. Recognition of MultiStroke Based Online Handwritten Gurmukhi Aksharas. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences Physical Science A. 2015; 85(1):159–68. Crossref
- Singh G, Kumar CJ, Rani R, Dhir R. Feature Extraction of Gurmukhi Script and Numerals: A Review of Offline Techniques. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering. 2013; 3(1):257–63.
- Singh S, Dhir R. Recognition of Handwritten Gurmukhi Numerals using Gabor Filters. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2012; 47(1):7–11. Crossref
- Singh G, Mongia V. Recognition of Punjabi Script Character and Number for Multiple Fonts. International Journal of Engineering and Computer Science. 2015; 4(10):14594–8.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.