Total views : 69
Distribution Free Test for Unequal Observation of Panel Count Data with Application in Medical Follow-Up Study
Objectives: In medical follow-up study, patients are treated with different treatments may have different follow-up schedule and the number of patients assigned in each treatment group may not be balanced. To address this, a nonparametric test procedure is proposed. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The proposed test statistics is constructed based on the integrated weighted differences between the mean cumulative function of the recurrences event with condition on treatment group. For performance evaluation, the empirical power of proposed test statistics are evaluated via Monte Carlo simulation study conducted using R statistical software. Findings: Based on simulation results, the proposed method gives a good power for both identical and unequal follow-up processes, even when the sample sizes are imbalanced. Applications/Improvement: The proposed test procedure is also applied to a set of panel count data arises from the National Cooperative Gallstone Study to compare the treatment efficiency. The proposed test procedure able to detect treatment differences and is in line with earlier research.
Panel Count Data, Nonparametric Test, Treatment Comparisons, Unequal Observation Processes
- Park DH, Sun J, Zhao X. A class of two-sample nonparametric tests for panel count data. Communication in Statistics: Theory Methods. 2007; 36:1611–25. Crossref.
- Lin DY, Wei LJ, Yang I, Ying Z. Semiparametric regression for the mean and rate functions of recurrent events. Journal of Royal Statistical Society Ser B. 2000; 62:711–30. Crossref.
- Zhao H, Virkler K, Sun J. Nonparametric comparison for multivariate panel count data. Communications in Statistics: Theory and Methods. 2014; 43:644–55. Crossref.PMid:24465081 PMCid:PMC3898619
- Zhao H, Li Y, Sun J. Analyzing panel count data with dependent observation process and terminal event. The Canadian Journal of Statistics. 2013; 33:61–70. Crossref.
- Zhao H, Li Y, Sun J. Semiparametric analysis of multivariate panel count data with dependent observation process and terminal event. Journal of Nonparametric Statistics. 2013; 25:379–94. Crossref.
- Wellner JA, Zhang Y. Two estimators of the mean of a counting process with panel count data. The Annal of Statistics.2000; 28:779–814.
- Wellner JA, Zhang Y. Two likelihood-based semiparametric estimation methods for panel count data with covariates.The Annal of Statistics. 2007; 35:2106–42. Crossref.
- Sun J, Fang HB. A nonparametric test for panel count data.Biometrika. 2003; 90:199–208. Crossref.
- Sun J, Kalbfleisch JD. Estimation of the mean function of point processes based on panel count data. Statistica Sinica.1995; 5:279–90.
- Sun J, Rai SN. Nonparametric tests for the comparison of point processes based on incomplete data. Scand Journal Statistics. 2001; 28:725–32. Crossref.
- Sun J, Zhao X. The Statistical Analysis of Panel Count Data.Springer: New York; 2013. Crossref.
- Balakrishnan N, Zhao X. New multi-sample nonparametric tests for panel count data. The Annals of Statistics. 2009; 37:1112–49. Crossref.
- Balakrishnan N, Zhao X. A Nonparametric test for the equality of counting process with panel count data.Computational Statistics and Data Analysis. 2010; 54:135– 42. Crossref.
- Thall PF, Lachin JM. Analysis of recurrent events: Nonparametric methods for random-interval count data.Journal of Amer Statist Assoc. 1988; 83:339–47. Crossref.
- Cook RJ, Lawless JF. The Statistical Analysis of Recurrent events. Springer-Verlag: New York; 2007.
- Nelson WB. Recurrent events data analysis for product repairs disease recurrences and other applications.ASA-SIAM Series on Statistics and Applied Probability.Schenectady: New York; 2003. Crossref.
- He X, Tong X, Sun J. Semiparametric analysis of panel count data with correlated observation and follow-up times. Lifetime Data Analysis. 2009; 15:177–96. Crossref.PMid:19082711
- Zhao X, Sun J. Nonparametric Comparison for panel count data with unequal observation processes. Biometrics. 2011; 67:770–9. Crossref. PMid:21114659
- Li Y, Suchy A, Sun J. Nonparametric treatment comparison for current status data. Journal of Biostatistics. 2010; 1:102.Crossref.
- Li Y, Zhao H, Sun J, Kim K. Nonparametric tests for panel count data with unequal observation processes.Computational Statistics and Data Analysis. 2014; 73:103– 11. Crossref.
- Zhang Y. A semiparametric pseudolikelihood estimation method for panel count data. Biometrika. 2002; 89:39–48. Crossref.
- Zhang Y. Nonparametric K-sample test with panel count data. Biometrika. 2006; 93:777–90. Crossref.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.