Total views : 62
Impact of Qos Mechanisms on the Performance of Dynamic Web Services in Heterogeneous Wireless Networks (802.11e and 802.16e)
The quality of service in heterogeneous wireless networks is increasingly demanded by customers and by Internet access providers. This paper studies and evaluates the impact of quality of service and the improvements induced on web-oriented services. The heterogeneous wireless networks studied in this paper are: 802.11e and 802.16e. Several scientific research work has been conducted evaluating the performance of heterogeneous wireless networks taking into account the quality of service. According to our research, no work has been done taking into account the convergence of two networks with mobility constraints. This study carried out under OPNET Modeler 14.5, varying the 802.11e QoS mechanisms (DCF, PCF, HCCA, EDCA) and 802.16e (Best Effort, nRTPS). The criteria of evaluation are: TCP delay, TCP retransmission count, HTTP Response and Database Page Response Time.
802.11e, 802.16e, Database, HTTP, OPNET Modeler, QoS, SMTP, Web-Based
- The National Telecommunications Regulatory Agency (ANRT), Information Technology Observatory- Survey on ICT access and usage by households and individuals in Morocco. 2015.
- Crow, Widjaja BP, Kim JG, Sakai PT. IEEE 802.11 wireless local area networks. IEEE Communications magazine.1997; 35(9):116-26. Crossref
- Mangold S, Choi S, May P, Klein O, Hiertz G, Stibor L. IEEE 802.11 e Wireless LAN for Quality of Service. Proceedings of European Wireless. 2002 February; 2:32-39.
- Wu H, Cheng S, Peng Y, Long K, Ma J. IEEE 802.11 distributed coordination function (DCF): analysis and enhancement. IEEE International Conference on Communications, 2002. ICC 2002. 2002; 1:605-09.
- Bianchi G. Performance analysis of the IEEE 802.11 distributed coordination function. IEEE Journal on selected areas in communications. 2000; 18(3):535-47. Crossref
- Liu Q, Zhao D, Zhou D. An analytic model for enhancing IEEE 802.11 point coordination function media access control protocol. European transactions on telecommunications.2011; 22(6):332-38. Crossref
- Oh SM, Kim JH. (The analysis of the optimal contention period for broadband wireless access network. Pervasive Computing and Communications Workshops, 2005.PerCom 2005 Workshops. Third IEEE International Conference on IEEE. 2005 March; p. 215-19.
- Ge Y, Hou JC, Choi S. An analytic study of tuning systems parameters in IEEE 802.11 e enhanced distributed channel access. Computer Networks. 2007; 51(8):1955-80. Crossref
- Tao Z, Panwar S. Throughput and delay analysis for the IEEE 802.11 e enhanced distributed channel access. IEEE Transactions on communications. 2006; 54(4):596-603. Crossref
- Cicconetti C, Lenzini L, Mingozzi E, Stea G. Software architecture for simulating IEEE 802.11 e HCCA. In IPSMoMe’ 05: Proceeding from the 3rd Workshop on Internet Performance, Simulation, Monitoring and Measurement.2005 March; p. 97-104.
- Eklund C, Marks RB, Stanwood KL, Wang S. IEEE standard 802.16: a technical overview of the WirelessMAN/sup TM/ air interface for broadband wireless access. IEEE communications magazine 2002; 40(6):98-107. Crossref
- Choi S, Hwang GH, Kwon T, Lim AR, Cho DH.. Fast handover scheme for real-time downlink services in IEEE 802.16 e BWA system. 2005 IEEE 61st Vehicular Technology Conference, 2005. VTC 2005-Spring. IEEE. 2005 May; l.3:2028-32.
- So-In C, Jain R, Tamimi AK. Scheduling in IEEE 802.16 e mobile WiMAX networks: key issues and a survey.IEEE Journal on selected areas in communications, 2009; 27(2):156-71. Crossref
- So-In C, Jain R, Al-Tamimi AK. A scheduler for unsolicited grant service (UGS) in IEEE 802.16 e mobile WiMAX networks.IEEE Systems Journal, 2010; 4(4):487-94. Crossref
- Zhang H, Li Y, Feng S, Wu W. A new extended rtPS scheduling mechanism based on multi-polling for VoIP service in IEEE 802.16 e system. IEEE: International Conference on Communication Technology, 2006. ICCT ‘06. 2006 November; p. 1-4.
- Ghazal S, Mokdad L, Ben-Othman J. Performance analysis of UGS, rtPS, nrtPS admission control in WiMAX networks.IEEE: IEEE International Conference on Communications, 2008. ICC’08. 2008 May; p. 2696-701. Crossref
- Abid H, Raja H, Munir A, Amjad J, Mazhar A, Lee DY. Performance analysis of WiMAX best effort and ERTPS service classes for video transmission. Springer Berlin Heidelberg: International Conference on Computational Science and Its Applications. 2012 June; p. 368-75. Crossref
- Azeddine Khiat, Ayoub Bahnasse, Jamila Bakkoury, Mohamed EL Khaili. Study and Evaluation of Vertical and Horizontal Handover’s Scalability Using OPNET Modeler. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security. 2016; 14(11): 807-13.
- Grewal V, Sharma AK. On performance evaluation of different QoS mechanisms and AMC scheme for an IEEE802.16 based WiMAX network. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2010; 6(7):0975-8887.
- Qasim AJ. Performance Evaluation of Wireless Standards 802.11 g and 802.11 b on HTTP Application over AODV Protocol using OPNET (Doctoral dissertation, Eastern Mediterranean University (EMU)-Dogu AkdenizUniversitesi (DAU)). 2013
- Musaddiq A, Hashmi US, Jawed S. Performance and cost evaluation of IEEE 802.11 g and 802.3 i protocols for network connectivity at a university campus using OPNET simulation.IEEE: 2013 UKSim 15th International Conference on Computer Modelling and Simulation (UKSim). 2013 April; p. 762-67.
- Lu Z, Yang H. Unlocking the power of OPNET modeler.Cambridge University Press. 2012.
- Issariyakul T, Hossain E. Introduction to network simulator NS2. Springer Science and Business Media. 2011.
- Riley GF, Henderson TR. The ns-3 network simulator.Springer: Modeling and Tools for Network Simulation 2010; p. 15-34. Crossref
- Varga A. OMNeT, Modeling and tools for network simulation.Aachen: Springer. ISBN. 2010; p. 978-3. Crossref
- Lucio GF, Paredes-Farrera M, Jammeh E, Fleury M, Reed MJ. Opnet modeler and ns-2: Comparing the accuracy of network simulators for packet-level analysis using a network testbed. WSEAS Transactions on Computers. 2003; 2(3):700-707.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.