Total views : 911
A Geometric Method in Data Envelopment Analysis to Obtain the Region of Efficiency
In this paper we consider a geometric method in one of the issues in data envelopment analysis to obtain the region of efficiency (RE) for a super efficient decision-making unit (DMU) especially when this region is concave. First, we identify production possibility set(PPS) and reduced production possibility set (RPPSo). We determine region of efficiency and the region will be number of convex regions by applying this method. In this procedure, a super-efficient DMUois connected to the most n adjacent DMUs on the efficient frontier of .Then we will use equations of faces of convex regions in the boundary of achieved region of efficiency. Finally examples are given for clarifying, this particular subject.
Data Envelopment Analysis, Variable Returns to Scale(VRS), Sensitivity Analysis, Linear Programming(LP)
- Charnes A, Neralic L (1989a, 1989b),Sensitivity Analysis in Data Envelopment Analysis 1, glasnik matematieki ser. III 24(44):211_226, 24(44):449_463.
- Thompson RG, Dharmapala PS, thrall RM (1994) Sensitivity Analysis of Efficiency Measures with Application to Kansas Farming and Illinois coal mining, in Charnes et al.(eds) data envelopment analysis: theory, methodology and applications, kluwer academic publishers.
- Gonzalez-lima MD, Tapia RA, Thrall RM(1996)on The Construction of Strong Complementarity Slackness Solutions for DEA Linear Programming problems using a primal-dual interior – point method ,Ann operations Res 66:139 -162.
- ValterBoljuncic, Journal of production Analysis, (2006) 25:173_192.
- S. Kordrostami, S. Pourjafar, A. Ghane, R. ahmadzadeh,(2007), Sensitivity Analiysis and its Application in DEA,Journal of Applied Mathematics, Islamic Azad of Lahijan, No14, No 13.57_6.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.