Total views : 681
A Hybrid Zone based Leader for Monitoring Sinkhole Attack in Wireless Sensor Network
Objectives: The main aim of this paper is security by applying Intelligent Intrusion detection System to detect one of the critical attack know as sinkhole attack in Wireless Sensor network. Methods/Analysis: The major problem occurs while transmitting the data is security. The malicious node attracts the packets from the other normal sensor nodes and drops the sensitive packets which may leads to selective forwarding attack and black hole attack. Findings: In the existing system, Leader based intrusion detection system is used to monitor the surrounding node. Here the leader can monitor the nodes only region wise and does not have any clustering technique. By using the clustering technique we can monitor the surrounding nodes in efficient manner and better solution. In the proposed system, an Intelligent Intrusion Detection System (IIDS) mechanism to detect the intruder in the network, which uses a Hybrid Approach to detect and prevent sinkhole attack, with two approaches such as Zone-Based Leader Election Method and Leader Based Monitoring. In Zone-Based Leader Election method, a set of nodes is located in different regions and a Cluster Based Zone Leader (CBZL) is allocated to every region in the network. In the Leader Based Monitoring Approach, when a node gets detected as a compromised node, it communicates the status of that node to the other leader within the WSN. Application/Improvement: This technique can identify the intruder node and improve the efficiency of the network. As a simulation results, we are implementing in Network Simulator. In environment monitoring and military applications the proposed approach can be deployed.
Cluster Zone-based Leader, Leader based Monitoring Approach, Sinkhole Node, Wireless Sensor Network
- Padmavathi G, Shanmugapriya D. A survey of attacks, securitymechanisms and challenges in wireless sensor networks. International Journal of Computer Science and InformationSecurity. 2009; 4(1-2):1–9.
- Alrajeh NA, Khan S, Shams B. Intrusion detection systems inwireless sensor networks: A review. International Journal ofDistributed Sensor Networks. 2013; 10(1155):1–7.
- Chaudhry JA, Tariq U, Amin MA, Rittenhouse RG. Dealing withsinkhole attacks in wireless sensor networks. Advanced Scienceand Technology Letters. 2013; 29(2):7–12.
- Hemanta KK, Avijit K. Wireless sensor network security analysis. International Journal of Next-Generation Networks. 2009; 1(1):1–10.
- Singh T, Kaur AH. Detection and correction of sinkhole attackwith novel method in WSN using NS2 tool. Int J Adv ComputSci Appl. 2013; 4(2):32–5.
- Iqbal S, Aravind SSP, Sudharsan G, Kashyap SAS. Comparisonof different attacks on LEACH protocol in WSN. International Journal of Electrical, Electronics and DataCommunication. 2014; 2(8):16–9.
- Krontiris I, Dimitriou T, Giannetsos T, Mpasoukos M. Intrusiondetection of sinkhole attacks in wireless sensor network. Algorithm aspects of Wireless Sensor Network.2008; 4837:150–61.
- Maidamwar P, Chavhan N. Impact of wormhole attack onperformance of LEACH in wireless sensor networks. InternationalJournal of Computer Networking, Wireless andMobile Communications. 2013; 3(3):21–32.9. Shun-Sheng W, Kuo-Qin Y, Shu-Cing W, Chia-Wei L. Anintegrated intrusion detection system for clusterbased wirelessSensor Networks. Expert Syst Appl. 2011; 38(12):15234–43.
- Shafiei H, Khonsari A, Derakhshi H, Mousavi P. Detection andmitigation of sinkhole attacks in wireless sensor networks. JComput Syst Sci. 2014; 80(3):644–53.
- Rohbanian MR, Kharazmi MR, Keshavarz-Haddad A, KeshtgaryAM. Watchdog-LEACH: A new method based onLEACH protocol to secure clustered wireless sensor networks. Advancesin Computer Science. 2013; 2(3):105–17.
- Huh EN, Hai TH, Jo M. A lightweight intrusion detection frameworkfor wireless sensor networks. Wireless Comm MobileComput. 2010; 10(4):559–72.
- Bahekmat M, Yaghmaee MH, Yazdi ASH, Sadeghi S. A novelalgorithm for detecting sinkhole attacks in WSNs. InternationalJournal of Computer Theory and Engineering. 2012; 4(3):418–21.
- Lee S, Lee Y, Yoo SG. A specification based intrusion detection mechanismfor the LEACH protocol. Inform Tech J. 2012; 11(1):40–8.
- Gupta S, Grover V. Survey of intrusion detection techniques inLEACH. Int J Comput Trends Tech. 2014; 17(4):166–71.
- Rassam MA, Zainal A, Maarof MA, Al-Shaboti M. A sinkholeattack detection scheme in mintroute wireless sensornetworks. 1st IEEE International Symposium on TelecommunicationTechnologies in Proceedings. KualaLumpur. 2012. p. 71–5.
- Sharmila S, Umamaheswari G. Detection of sinkhole attack inwireless sensor networks using message digest algorithms. InternationalConference on Process Automation, Controland Computing in Proceedings; Coimbatore. 2011. p. 1–6.
- Rajkumar USD, Rajamani V. A leader based monitoring approachfor sinkhole attack in wireless sensor network. J ComputSci. 2013; 9(9):1106–16.
- Abhishekvarma GNS, Aswanikumarreddy G, Ravitheja Y, ArunkumarT. Cluster Based Multipath Dynamic Routing (CBDR) protocol for wireless sensor networks. Indian Journalof Science and Technology. 2015; 8(s2):17–22.
- Syed ASS, Senthik KT, Sarfaraz AA. An energy efficient distributed routingalgorithm based HAC clustering method forWSNs. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014;7(S7):66–75.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.