Total views : 639
A Mobile Application Development Tool based on Object Relational Mapping Solution
With the rapid growth of mobile application market for smart device users, an efficient development tool for mobile application software has become important and is essential. In this study, we propose a framework of mobile application development tool using Object Relational Mapping (ORM) solution in front-end domain layer, especially for mobile database-driven application system. The experimental results indicate that the development method using the proposed approach is more efficient compared to the conventional development method.
Database Application, Development Tool, Front-End Domain Layer, Object Relational Mapping, Mobile Application
- Vision Mobile, Plum Consulting. European App Economy;2013.
- Boniewicz A, Gawarkiewicz M, Wisniewski P. Software Development Discussion Paper: An overview of mobile development in the context of current technology. International Journal of Software Engineering and Its Applications.2013; 7(4):189–96.
- Amber S. Agile database techniques: effective strategies for the agile software developer. USA: John Wiley and Sons;2011. Available from: http://www.agiledata.org/
- Amber S. Mapping objects to relational databases: O/R mapping in detail. 2006. Available from: http:///www.ambysoft.com/mappingObjectsTut.html
- Bauer C, King G. Hibernate in action. Manning publishers Co. Boston/Massachusetts; 2006.
- Blaha MR, Premerlani WJ, Rumbaugh JE. Relational database design using an object-oriented methodology. Communications of the ACM. 1988; 31(4): 414–27.
- Catell RGG. Object data management: Object-oriented and extended relational database systems. Addison-Wesley Publishing Company; 1991.
- Catell RGG, Barry D, Barler M, Eastman J, Jordan D, Rusell C, Schadow O, Starienda T, Velez F. The object data standard: ODMG 3.0.San Franscisco: Morgan Kaufmann Publishers; 2000.
- Begg C, Connolly T. Database systems: A practical approach to design. Implementation and management, 5th ed. Addison Wesley; 2010.
- Cho W, Hong K, Loh W. Estimating nested selectivity in object-oriented and object-relational databases.Information and Software Technology. 2007; 49(7):806–16.
- He Z, Jerome D. Evaluating the Dynamic Behavior of Database Applications. Journal of Database Management.2005; 16(2):21–45.
- Hoffer J, Prescott M, Topi H. Modern Database Management. 9th ed. Pearson Prentice Hall; 2009.
- Pardede E, Rahayu J, Wenny T, Taniar D. Object-relational complex structures for XML. Information and Software Technology. 2006; 48(6):370–84.
- Philippi S. Model driven generation and testing of objectrelational mappings. Journal of Systems and Software. 2004;77(2):193–207.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.