Total views : 414
A Framework for an Efficient Knowledge Mining Technique of Web Page Reorganisation using Splay Tree
Background/Objectives: Web Usage Mining (WUM) is one of the categories of web mining that identifies user patterns of web data, with the help of knowledge acquires from web logs. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The structure of the web site has to be reorganised to suit the user requirements to facilitate the user for the required pages with less page access delay. The Splay trees are efficient balanced trees when total running time is the measure of interest. Findings: The motive of mining is to find users’ access models automatically and quickly from the vast Web log data, like frequently accessed pages and time spent on those pages. Web usage mining consist of three phases namely Data pre-processing, Pattern discovery and Pattern analysis. Pre-processing tasks are used to translate unprocessed log files which are composed from web server into structured log file data. Pre-processed log file data are used for further process of web usage mining. This paper present the pre-processing technique and an approach for re-organisation of website based on the access frequency of web pages using splay tree structure. Application/Improvements: The nodes of the splay tree can be added with the information about priority of recently accessed web pages to reduce the page access delay.
Pre Processing, Splay Tree, Web Log, Web Site Reorganisation, Web usage Mining
- Rana C. A study of web usage mining research tools. Int J Advanced Networking and Applications. 2012; 03(6):1422–9. ISSN: 0975-0290.
- Pamnani R, Chawan P. Web usage mining: A research area in web mining. 2010. p. 1–5.
- Facca FM, Lanzi PL. Mining interesting knowledge from weblogs: A survey. Data and Knowledge Engineering. 2005;53(3):225–41.
- Han Q, Gao X, Wu W. Study on web mining algorithm based on usage mining. Kunming: 9th International Conference on Computer-aided Industrial Design and Conceptual Design. CAID/CD. 2008 Nov 22-25. p. 1121–4.
- Dong Y, Zhang H, Jiao L. Research on application of user navigation pattern mining recommendation. Intelligent Control and Automation, WCICA. Dalian: The Sixth World Congress. 2006; 2:6106–10.
- Paik HY, Benatallah B, Hamadi R. Dynamic restructuring of e-catalog communities based on user interaction patterns. World Wide Web. 2002; 5(4):325–66.
- Maier T, Reinartz T. Evaluation of web usage analysis tools. Kunstliche Intelligenz. 2004; 18(1):65–7.
- Han Q, Gao X. Research of distributed algorithm based on usage mining. Moscow: 2nd International Workshop on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining. WKDD. 2009 Jan 23-25. p. 211–4.
- Eirinaki M, Vazirgiannis M,Varlamis I. SEWeP: Using site semantics and a taxonomy to enhance the Web personalization process. SIGKDD ’03. 2003 Aug 24-27. p. 99–108.
- Mobasher B, Cooley R, Srivastava J. Automatic personalization based on Web usage mining. Communications of the.ACM. 2000; 43(8):142–51.
- Masseglia F, Poncelet P, Teisseire M, Marascu A. Web usage mining: Extracting unexpected periods from Web logs. Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery. 2008; 16(1):39–65.
- Kumar BS, Rukmani KV. Implementation of Web usage mining using APRIORI and FP growth algorithms. International Journal of Advanced Networking and applications.2010; 1(06):400–4.
- Srivastava M, Garg R, Mishra PK. Preprocessing techniques in web usage mining: A survey. Int J Comput Appl. 2014;97(18):1–9.
- Rao M, Kumari M, Raju K. Understanding user behavior using web usage mining. Int J Comput Appl. 2010; 1(7):55–61.
- Berendt B. Web usage mining, site semantics, and the support of navigation. KDD workshop on web mining for ecommerce challenges and opportunities. 2000. p. 83–93.
- Nasraoui O, Soliman M, Saka E, Badia A, Germain R. A Web usage mining framework for mining evolving user profiles in dynamic web sites. IEEE Trans Knowl Data Eng.2008; 20(2):202–15.
- Sleator DD, Tarjan RE. Self-adjusting binary trees. Journal of ACM. 1985; 32(3):652–86.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.